Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SArbo
New Contributor I

Intel Galileo Gen 2 sketch.elf[1325]

Hi, I´m running a sketch on my intel galileo gen 2 and after 4 hours working i get this error in the galileo terminal:

[17262.080992] sketch.elf[1325]: segfault at 48 ip b7637db5 sp bfc2c828 error 4 in libuClibc-0.9.34-git.so[b7605000+75000]

Then the sketch stops and i have to restart it, nevertheless the galileo keeps working normally. The sketch uses this c++ libraries:

# include

# include

# include

# include

# include

# include

# include

# include

# include

The Galileo is running SDCard.1.0.4 OS downloaded from http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-galileo-boards/000005614.html Software Downloads for Boards and Kits and it already has the firmware update 1.0.4.

Thank you in advance.

6 Replies
FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi sebaz_143,

Do you have any example to reproduce the error?

Would it be possible you have any memory leak?

Fernando.

SArbo
New Contributor I

The only way i can reproduce the error is waiting, i thought it could be a memory leak, but i don't have many variable in my sketch.

Sometime i think it could be becaouse i use a File output stream every 2 seconds but i'm not sure. I also have in my sketch a server socket listener running all the time. That's why i posted the libraries i'm using, maybe somebody has experiment a memory leak with one of those libraries. The sketch also use the millis() function. But i tried to be carefull with the memory, so almost all varaibles are declared with CALLOC and deleted with FREE().

Thank you!

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hello again,

sebaz_143 wrote:

The only way i can reproduce the error is waiting,

Maybe I didn't explain correctly: please post the "minimum" example to reproduce the error in my card.

Fernando.

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi sebaz_143

Do you have updates? Could you post a part of the code you are using so we could test this?

Also, which image are you using on your board? Run the command uname –a

Regards,

Charlie

SArbo
New Contributor I

I´m working on it, the error its a segmentation fault and one of the troubles is the use of the millis() function. I already translate all my code to c/c++ in eclipse, it's less memory consuming.

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

sebaz_143 wrote:

I´m working on it, the error its a segmentation fault and one of the troubles is the use of the millis() function. I already translate all my code to c/c++ in eclipse, it's less memory consuming.

I do not understand why the use of the millis() function would be a problem...

Fernando.