cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MParm3
Beginner

Intel Galileo Gen1 problems with arduino code

Jump to solution

I'm just getting started with Intel Galileo board. I used the blink example from the Arduino IDE and uploaded it to the board.

The transfer was complete but the on-board LED did not blink.

So I thought maybe LED isn't working and hence tried to print on the serial and check it on the serial monitor. That didn't work either, all I get on my serial monitor is "* B0100000063f694 � "

I have two Galileo gen 1 boards and both shows the same thing. I don't have any SD cards plugged in, neither am I using anything on the GPIOs. The code I used is following,

void setup() {

pinMode(13, OUTPUT);

Serial.begin(9600);

}

void loop() {

digitalWrite(13, HIGH);

Serial.println("High");

delay(1000);

digitalWrite(13, LOW);

Serial.println("LOW");

delay(1000);

}

Can anyone please help me with this issue?

1 Solution
FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi mayank311,

Maybe you did not upgraded the firmware. I'd suggest you follow the guide at https://software.intel.com/en-us/installing-drivers-and-updating-firmware-for-arduino-windows IoT - Installing drivers and updating firmware for Arduino on a system with Windows* | Intel® Developer Zone if you are developing in windows.

HTH,

Fernando.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi mayank311,

Maybe you did not upgraded the firmware. I'd suggest you follow the guide at https://software.intel.com/en-us/installing-drivers-and-updating-firmware-for-arduino-windows IoT - Installing drivers and updating firmware for Arduino on a system with Windows* | Intel® Developer Zone if you are developing in windows.

HTH,

Fernando.

View solution in original post

MParm3
Beginner

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for the answer! It worked for me (on the second time though). You're the best

Regards!

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

You are welcome, it's good to know your card is working.

(and yes, sometimes the upgrade fails...).

Fernando,