cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel Galileo Gen1 problems with arduino code

Jump to solution

I'm just getting started with Intel Galileo board. I used the blink example from the Arduino IDE and uploaded it to the board.

The transfer was complete but the on-board LED did not blink.

So I thought maybe LED isn't working and hence tried to print on the serial and check it on the serial monitor. That didn't work either, all I get on my serial monitor is "* B0100000063f694 � "

I have two Galileo gen 1 boards and both shows the same thing. I don't have any SD cards plugged in, neither am I using anything on the GPIOs. The code I used is following,

void setup() {

pinMode(13, OUTPUT);

Serial.begin(9600);

}

void loop() {

digitalWrite(13, HIGH);

Serial.println("High");

delay(1000);

digitalWrite(13, LOW);

Serial.println("LOW");

delay(1000);

}

Can anyone please help me with this issue?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

Hi mayank311,

Maybe you did not upgraded the firmware. I'd suggest you follow the guide at https://software.intel.com/en-us/installing-drivers-and-updating-firmware-for-arduino-windows IoT - Installing drivers and updating firmware for Arduino on a system with Windows* | Intel® Developer Zone if you are developing in windows.

HTH,

Fernando.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

Hi mayank311,

Maybe you did not upgraded the firmware. I'd suggest you follow the guide at https://software.intel.com/en-us/installing-drivers-and-updating-firmware-for-arduino-windows IoT - Installing drivers and updating firmware for Arduino on a system with Windows* | Intel® Developer Zone if you are developing in windows.

HTH,

Fernando.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for the answer! It worked for me (on the second time though). You're the best

Regards!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

You are welcome, it's good to know your card is working.

(and yes, sometimes the upgrade fails...).

Fernando,

0 Kudos