Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SSimo91
Beginner

Intel Galileo: Info about clloader.sh

Hi all,

I am a newbie at Intel Galileo .

I have an Intel GaliIeo gen1 and I was looking for some detailed information about the clloader.sh process.

In particular, I was questioning myself about the standard input and the standard output of that process.

From what I read, I understood that the clloader.sh looks for /sketch/sketch.elf and run it if found.

Then, the clloader also redirects the standard output of the Arduino sketch to /dev/ttyGS0, making it visible on the Serial Monitor running on a connected Linux PC.

But, what is about the standard input?. Does the clloader take the input from the serial port /dev/ttyGS0 (hence from the serial monitor on the remote PC) and redirect it to the running Arduino sketch?.

Thanks in advance for your help.

BR,

Simone

3 Replies
FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi Simone,

Then, the clloader also redirects the standard output of the Arduino sketch to /dev/ttyGS0, making it visible on the Serial Monitor running on a connected Linux PC.

But, what is about the standard input?. Does the clloader take the input from the serial port /dev/ttyGS0 (hence from the serial monitor on the remote PC) and redirect it to the running Arduino sketch?.

I think so, I've interacted with sketches via the serial monitor sending input to the sketch as well as receiving/seeing output from the sketch.

HTH,

Fernando.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Simone,

You're right, clloader takes the input from the serial port and redirects it to the running Arduino sketch serial monitor. You can try to see the serial monitor output with cat /dev/ttyGS0.

Let us know if you found this useful.

-Sergio

idata
Community Manager

Hi Simone,

Do you still need assistance with this case? Was the information we provided useful?

-Sergio