cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RChou5
Novice

Intel Galileo gen 2 display "NON GENUINE DEVICE FOUND!"

Hi,

My Galileo gen 2 board display "NON GENUINE DEVICE FOUND!" again and again.

I have no idea about that even I try following method.

1, Prepare a boot image to uSD card and try to boot from it.

2, Try to enter recovery mode.

3, Re program the SPI falsh with image "Flash-missingPDAT_Release-1.0.4.bin" which come from Intel support web page.

Any body can help?

10 Replies
Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Do you mind posting a screenshot of this error? I've never seen this error before so I'm not sure what may have caused it. Does this message started to appear after a specific command was entered? Was anything else connected to the board? Can you give a more detailed description of when this error message started to appear?

Sergio

RChou5
Novice

Hi Sergio,

Please find the attached screen shot!

It display this message again and again when I plug the powerd adapter.

Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Are you sure you have all drivers correctly installed? I'd suggest you to follow https://software.intel.com/en-us/installing-drivers-and-updating-firmware-for-arduino-windows IoT - Installing drivers and updating firmware for Arduino on a system with Windows* | Intel® Developer Zone . It basically has instructions to install and run the firmware updater tool.

Let me know your results.

Sergio

RChou5
Novice

HI,

Yes, I did try to install driver and try to updating firmware before. But I can't find the com port device for Galileo.

Therefor I try to follow the another dicsussion thread to update the firmware with thoes method that I mention at the beginning of this discussion thread.

Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Were you able to successfully perform the first six steps from the "Install and run the Firmware Updater tool"?

What OS are you using? Are you using a custom image? You can download the Galileo image from http://www.intel.com/support/galileo/sb/CS-035101.htm Intel® Galileo Boards — Software Downloads

Sergio

RChou5
Novice

Hi,

My OS is Windows 7 32bits.

And follow the update step, it stock at setp 3. In Ports (COM & LPT), you should see an open port named Gadget Serial V2.4 (if the board contains an old release like v0.7.5) or simply Galileo on newer releases.

I can't find the Gadget serial V2.5, or any other device which include USB device when Galileo connet to my Notebook.

Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

What are the contents of your SD card, are you sure you only have Yocto image? Are you able to access the grub menu?

Sergio

RChou5
Novice

Hi,

Yes, I used a new SD card and follow the procedure to create OS image. And I can't access the grub menu.

The Galileo send "NON GENUINE DEVICE FOUND!" with/without SD card. Even I force it into recovery, it still output the same message via terminal.

Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

We'd like to take a closer look at your case. Please fill a form in http://www.intel.com/support/mailform/maker/emailsupport.htm Intel Support .

Sergio

RGeno1
New Contributor I

I'm going to go way out on a limb here and suggest that the problem you are experiencing has nothing at all to do with your Galileo and everything to do with an FTDI driver that you installed along with an "incompatible" USB->serial device.

I think a quick search using "non genuine device found ftdi" will be illuminating.

Cheers,

DrG