Apparently I have uploaded a wrong image on my Intel Joule 570x Expansion Board. I tried to factory reset it by plugging it and immediately long pressing the top right button for 8 seconds. It was supposed to begin blinking yellow. But it was blinking green and it never turned to yellow. I gave up and unplugged it. Now when I plug it, the power LED doesn't turn on at all. Do you have any idea what has happened an what should I do?
Thanks in advance.
It looks like this was a duplicate to this question.
If you still need support, please provide the following information:
Thank you very much for your patience.
Can you please provide more details on what happened with the board?
What OS image did you try to install?
Did you by any chance attempt to stop or interrupt the flashing process?
What BIOS version does the board have?
Where there any attempts to flash the board to the latest BIOS before and/or after the OS install?
Is the board in a corrupted state, meaning it won't finish the boot process, or keeps looping, etc.?
I am trying to find out what you mean exactly by reset.
Thank you very much in advance, for your answers.
Following up on my previous post.
Could you give me more information about your issue?
It will help a lot if you could answer the questions above.
Thank you very much,
Sorry for my late response.
It happened a few months ago and I can't remember some details. But I what I know should be enough to determine what has happened to the board:
- I previously had installed Ubuntu 16.04 on the board and it was working just fine.
- I don't remember why but I think I was about to do something which required to upload an OS/firmware image to the board which didn't work. After that, I couldn't boot up the board. But the power LED was on. I think I couldn't see anything on the screen at all.
- I thought it is because of the outdated BIOS. So I tried to update the BIOS to the latest available version. I tried several times on two laptops to perform "https://software.intel.com/en-us/flashing-the-bios-on-joule BIOS Update Steps" which was not successful.
- I asked a customer service guy and he said I have uploaded a wrong image to the board and I need to reset the board. He sent me a set of instructions which I can't remember and I couldn't find in my email. In brief, it included shortcircuiting two pins on the board. I didn't have time to do that and I postponed it to later when I couldn't find the instructions anymore.
- I followed up https://support.chefsteps.com/hc/en-us/articles/222979667-What-is-a-factory-reset-and-how-do-I-perfo... an unofficial guide to factory reset the board. It didn't work and after that, even the power LED doesn't turn on.
Please let me know if I can provide more details.
Thanks a lot.
Thank you very much for all your details.
I would like to advise you to first flash your Intel Joule board to the latest BIOS. You can follow the steps available in the guide here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/flashing-the-bios-on-joule
You can download the latest BIOS here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=joule+bios
The next step is to get the ref-os image and Ubuntu.
For the ref-os image you can follow the steps presented here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/733657
For installing Ubuntu on your board you can follow: https://software.intel.com/en-us/videos/installing-ubuntu-on-the-intel-joule-compute-module
One thing I wanted to add, it seems that you are following the link: https://www.chefsteps.com/joule https://www.chefsteps.com/joule , which is not an unofficial guide on how to reset the Intel Joule Board and it does not apply to this product.
Could you send me a couple of images of the board plugged in to check the LED activity (if any)?
If you get errors while flashing the BIOS and the image, please also send me screenshots of these.
Thank you very much in advance,
Following up on my previous post.
Was the solutions provided useful?
Is there anything else I can assist you with?