Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KWitt2
Beginner

Intel Pocket PC shuts down after only 3 minutes of use, every time

I purchased the Intel Poclet Stick for my husband for Christmas, and he set it up and went through all the steps, and then every time he tried to use it, it would should down within minutes.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

What exactly did you purchase? Please provide part number or picture of information sticker on the unit.

...S

KWitt2
Beginner

Windows10 Home Mini-PC 3258534694301

n_scott_pearson

I have absolutely no idea what this is, but I can tell you that it is definitely NOT an Intel product. You need to contact its manufacturer regarding support for any issues that you have with it. You will need to look carefully at the unit, the box it came in and the documentation that was included with it to determine who the manufacturer actually is, what warranty support they offer and how you can contact them.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of unscrupulous companies out there that purposefully make their product and its packaging look like it is a genuine Intel product when, in fact, it is a cheap knockoff so poorly designed that it dies in no time at all. The shame is that it contains - and is wasting - a really good Intel processor. Now, I am not saying that this is actually the case here, but it sure sounds like it. If it is the case, getting satisfaction from them may be difficult (what good is a replacement (if you can even get one) if it is as poorly made?). Good luck. I am sorry you are going through this.

...S

KWitt2
Beginner

So, everything about the packaging makes me think it's legit? I bought it off of Amazon, which definitely means it could NOT be legit, but the reviews and everything are really good and there is nothing that leads me to believe that it's not a real Intel product?

n_scott_pearson

Well, it's a real product and it happens to have an Intel processor in it, so they do have the (for lack of a better word) 'right' to use Intel's name on their packaging, but it is definitely NOT an Intel product overall. Whether they are legit and will back up their warranty is for you to determine (I was only providing a "buyer-beware" that the unscrupulous *are* out there). The good news is that, if they are not forthcoming, you can always return it through Amazon either for replacement or refund.

Can you provide me with link to Amazon page for this product?

...S

KWitt2
Beginner

Gosh that is such a bummer! I'll definitely try to write to the manufacturer and see what they are willing to do, and if they won't do anything, I'll just return to Amazon for a refund. Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/W5-Windows-Computer-1-83GHz-Bluetooth/dp/B076D5SX9T/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&q... https://www.amazon.com/W5-Windows-Computer-1-83GHz-Bluetooth/dp/B076D5SX9T/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&q...

KWitt2
Beginner

Thank you for all of your help!

n_scott_pearson

The basic rule to use with Amazon is that, if a review isn't accompanied by Amazon's "Verified Purchase" statement, the review is likely fake and should not be trusted. Of the 10 reviews that this product has, only two are verified; the remainder cannot be trusted and are likely fake. Amazon has an option that allows you to view only verified purchase reviews. You should use that.

Considering that one of the two legitimate reviews was "It was horrible and USED", I would say that this is not a trustable product. Return it and get a real, genuine Intel Compute Stick.

There are two models of the Intel Compute Stick that come with Windows 10 preinstalled that I would recommend, the STK1AW32SC, with Intel Atom x5-Z8300 processor, and the STK2m3W64CC, with Intel Core m3-6Y30 processor. There is a third model that I would also recommend, the STK2mv64CC (with Intel Core m5-6Y57 vPro processor), but you would need to purchase a Windows 10 license separately to use with this model.

...S

KWitt2
Beginner

Well, definitely a lesson learned! Thank you so much for all of your help. And thank you for also giving great other options!