Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

Intel® Quark™ SE microcontroller C1000 board connect to internet.

Jump to solution

Hello all!

Please help me connect Intel® Quark™ SE microcontroller C1000 board to internet.

This board have BLE 40 and Zegbee and have not WiFi or Ethernet.

I build and run Zephyr sample IPSP that have in ISSM sdk.

As I understand this BLE profile have ability for connect to internet from outside router that have BLE to TCP/IP bridge. Like this laptop with linux and Bluetooth 4.0 hardware.

But after I flashing this app to board I do not take any message from board to console and not connect from Bluetooth.

I run debug session and find that app hang and freeze at Bluetooth initialization.

May be somebody used this board with connection to TCP/IP.

This very need for IoT, but none any instruction about how to use board with internet connection.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee

The BLE module on the Mount Atlas boards does not have the firmware flashed onto it. There are basically two ways to get it to work,

• using a compatible JTAG programmer (bear in mind the JTAG used in the BLE is not the standard one)
  • Intel team is working on a SW tool to be able to flash the BLE without the "special JTAG flasher", this software is loaded in ISSM and flash into the ATP1 that will update the firmware into the BLE. Unfortunately this is not available as yet - please stay tuned.

Once the firmware for the BLE module is loaded, you can then start to work with the communications stack that is available with Zephyr in the link below

https://www.zephyrproject.org/doc/subsystems/networking/networking.html https://www.zephyrproject.org/doc/subsystems/networking/networking.html

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hello Maksym.Shestirko,

Please let us investigate if the C1000's BLE interface can be set to support internet connection. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

-Peter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

The BLE module on the Mount Atlas boards does not have the firmware flashed onto it. There are basically two ways to get it to work,

• using a compatible JTAG programmer (bear in mind the JTAG used in the BLE is not the standard one)
  • Intel team is working on a SW tool to be able to flash the BLE without the "special JTAG flasher", this software is loaded in ISSM and flash into the ATP1 that will update the firmware into the BLE. Unfortunately this is not available as yet - please stay tuned.

Once the firmware for the BLE module is loaded, you can then start to work with the communications stack that is available with Zephyr in the link below

https://www.zephyrproject.org/doc/subsystems/networking/networking.html https://www.zephyrproject.org/doc/subsystems/networking/networking.html

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you for answer.

If BLE not works now, I planned use for connect to internet ESP8266.

Board have two UART

UART0 connected to BLE

UART1 connected to FT2232 and to MUX U20 which switches uart to arduino connector.

I have not schematics for this board, and find all this info with logic analyzer and oscilloscope, maybe if You have please give me schematics for this board, or say please which pin controls U20 MUX that switches UART1 between FT2232 and arduino port.

Because without this info I cannot use board with internet (((

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi,

For the BLE support on the current C1000 boards that went out with no BLE Firmware loaded --- there is a BLE Updater currently available for NDA customers via an evaluation license, please let us know if you have NDA with Intel.

There is no exact date yet for when the BLE Updater tool will be made available publically (without requirement for NDA / License). Right now without this application the only option to program BLE is via JTAG.

0 Kudos