Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLiew
Beginner

Intel STK1AW32SC Graphics Crash and Auto Reboot After Upgraded BIOS 0042

It is back to normal after downgraded BIOS to 0041. Please help to fix it. Thank you.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello derrick.cfliew,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this matter.

We would like to confirm which operating system are you using.

Regards,

Amy C.

drami12
Beginner

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

As far as I know, Windows 7 is not supported on this Compute Stick. The minimum is Windows 8.1.

...S

DLiew
Beginner

Dear Amy,

Good morning and thank you for support.

I am using Windows 10 version 1803 32-bit.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Derrick Liew

idata
Community Manager

Derrick, thank you for your response.

I went ahead and tested the BIOS version 0042 in the same Intel® Compute Stick model you have, the whole process was smooth and the none of the issues reported happened during my test. I jumped from BIOS 0030 to BIOS 0042, and everything works fine. Is there any chance for you to try the version one more time? This time I have some suggestions you can find below.

1. Download the file: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27959/BIOS-Update-SCCHTAX5-86A-?product=91065 Download BIOS Update [SCCHTAX5.86A]
  2. Use the Recovery method: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005902/mini-pcs/intel-compute-sticks.htm... BIOS Recovery Instructions for Intel® Compute Sticks

Let me know it goes.

Regards,

Amy C.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Derrick,

Hope you were able to check the previous post.

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

NWorl1
Beginner

Being this is Christmas eve, 2018, I have been trying to ask something of the same ilk.

It seems that my stjk1aw32sc became unstable after adding the video upgrade module.

It booted fine with the module for several times then froze the boot screen and then went into bluescreen recovery. I did not have anything on a disk to aid in the recovery (Win 10). I rebooted and the boot screen came up with the choices but would not respond to the f key choices. I then downloaded the recovery bios and went through holding down the on/off switch for three seconds and let the stick boot into the power button screen, but the screen would not answer the f buttons except the esc button. cannot add or detract from or to this poor player. Any thoughts from the Intel gurus? or I am left with a poor Christmas?

NWorl1
Beginner

Since I cannot delete the above as I wrote it, the system is acting up (Intel's Forum) I confess that I had forgot to hold down the FN key while trying to enter the BIOS, but hey I am 80 years old and am allowed to forget once in a while. I still have not got the stick to enter Windows as of yet as soon as the BIOS executes, it goes to a blank page, but it does have something, it is just not visible so I have to fault the video module I loaded (Intel Display Optimizer)