cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JKrit
Beginner

Intel Sticks

Hello,

I have two reoccurring issues with Intel Sticks here at work.

1) We cannot get them to join to the domain. Not only is the option not there, we have tried virtually everything we can think of.

We can remote into them using the IP addresses we have given them, but we cannot join them to the domain at all.

2) We have an issue with the intel sticks randomly turning off.

It doesn't matter what settings we create as far as the power plan, it doesnt matter what type of tv (it occurs on 3 different types of tvs) and what settings we have for the tvs.

Right now the domain is more important to get fixed.

It would truly be a life saver.

any thoughts?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Have you installed an enterprise version of MS Windows? I don't believe the consumer version of MS Windows will integrate with AD.

JKrit
Beginner

No I have not, can you go into a little more detail, as to what you mean?

chili
Novice

"Home" products (e.g. Windows 10 Home, Windows 8 Home, etc.) cannot participate in domain security. As such they are not capable of joining a domain. The option to do so does not exist. That's one of the things that separates Home from Professional/Enterprise/etc.

Miguel_C_Old
Employee

Hi Jkritner1789,

There is an operating system limitation. Windows® 10 Home 32Bit does not include the option to add the PC to a Domain.

It is necessary Windows® 10 Business Pro

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-editions Microsoft – Windows 10 Editions

The steps to include a computer into a Domain:

Click Windows® key>Settings>System>About> under PC name the option to Join a domain will be available.

Regards,

Mike C
idata
Community Manager

Oh, and I forgot to ask. How are you powering the sticks? USB power from the TV or to the power adapter and a 110v outlet?

JKrit
Beginner

We are using the power adapter to power it.