cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbogu1
Novice

Intel System Studio - creating new folders in project, restarting debug session

Hi,

I would like to create a replaceable library for my D2000 microcontroller. Could you describe how to create new folder in Intel Studio and add it to build system ? When I try to compile it compiler does not see it. Do I need to write make files manually?

It's a common thing to have a debug restart session button in debug view that restarts MCU debugging and starts from the beginning (without programming). Is it available in Intel Studio and where to find it ?

Is there planned update for INtel Studio for D2000 ?

Thanks for the help,

Bartosz

avijit.M AdrianBurns bartosz.firmwave

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Juan_M_Intel
Employee

Hi bartosz.boguszewicz,

Let us investigate further into this, we will reply back as soon as we get more information.

Regards,

JPMontero_Intel

Hi bartosz.boguszewicz,

To restart the debug session, you need to click drop down menu "Debug as Intel ISSM" button and choose "Project_Name" (project name without the word (flashing)). This will restart the debug session by reset back the target and reuse back the flashed image but you need to make sure that binary of your target and host PC have to be the same.

Thanks.

Soffi

Juan_M_Intel
Employee

Hi bartosz.boguszewicz,

Regarding the update for the Intel System Studio 2016 for Microcontrollers, is there any feature in particular you would like to see in this development environment?

Regards,

JPMontero_Intel
Richard_A_Intel
Employee

Bartosz,

To your question about adding a replaceable library for your D2000 microcontroller, there are a couple ways to make this work. By default the project will build C files that are in the top level directory so the easiest way to get this working would be to place your code directly in the top level directory. The "right" way to do this would be to create a separate folder like you did and then create a make file for the directory and include it in the main make file so that is will compile and link with the rest of your project. When doing this don't forget to add it to the link command as well as including it.

Thank you,

Richard

bbogu1
Novice

Hi RichardAtwood,

it would be great to have a make file based build but generated through eclipse for ease of use.

Richard_A_Intel
Employee

That does sound like a good idea, I'll submit it to our developers as a feature request.

Thank you,

Richard