cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Intel XDK 2571 Slow code uploads because it always down loads npm packages

Jump to solution

Version 2701 did NOT do this. I just want to upload my code and not have to redownload the npm packages each time. Is there a way around this ? Plus my internet cap is taking a hit as well as the packages keep accumulating in my temp folder. The new version got rid of the upload & build functions, it seems to just have 1 combined function.

Also is there a way to auto-start on upload ?

1 Solution
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello oooseun,

On the section 'Manage your daemon/IoT device' you can find the option 'Upload Options'. If you click on 'Upload Options' a window will appear, you will find several tweaks for the IoT daemon there, like the option to automatically start the script after uploading it. Also there is an option to clear the board's directory, this should remove all the contents of the project work area on the board.

Regarding the internet issue, I'm not sure if this is related to the XDK. When did you notice this?

How did you determine this is being caused by the XDK?

Peter.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello oooseun,

On the section 'Manage your daemon/IoT device' you can find the option 'Upload Options'. If you click on 'Upload Options' a window will appear, you will find several tweaks for the IoT daemon there, like the option to automatically start the script after uploading it. Also there is an option to clear the board's directory, this should remove all the contents of the project work area on the board.

Regarding the internet issue, I'm not sure if this is related to the XDK. When did you notice this?

How did you determine this is being caused by the XDK?

Peter.

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

Hi Peter, Thanks for answering my question. It's resolved now.

The internet thing was an issue of downloading npm (all of them) everytime a slight change was made(i think to the package sources file). These npm packages often in the 10's of MB's could rack up.

Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

I'm glad to hear that. If you ever have any other doubts or issues, don't hesitate to come back to the community, we are here to help .

Peter.