cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MKurt1
Beginner

Intel bio update issue

Hi,

I have a STK1AW32SC. I tried to update the bios with a usb key. So I downloaded the .bio file on this page.https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27613/Compute-Stick-BIOS-Update-SCCHTAX5-86A- Download BIOS Update [SCCHTAX5.86A]

I booted the device, hit F7, then selected the usb key and confirm the file I wanted to use for the upgrade. As soon as I selected the file, the screen became totally black. I thought the device was rebooting before doing the update. But ... nothing. I left it like that for two days. Then I decided unplug the power and plug it back. Nothing. The blue light is on but nothing else. Mouse red light is not coming on, neither the num lock on the keyboard.

Any idea of what happened and what I can do?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello MatK

Thank you for joining the community.

Could you let me know what operating system is installed on the unit, Windows® 10 32 bit or Windows® 10 64 bit?

Can you try to complete a BIOS recovery with the BIOS version that the unit had installed on the compute sick prior the update?

Please refer to the following link for information on how to complete the BIOS recovery:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005902/mini-pcs/intel-compute-sticks.htm... https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005902/mini-pcs/intel-compute-sticks.htm...

Hope this help.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

MKurt1
Beginner

Hi Leonardo,

I tried your suggestion but I never ever get something on the screen.

In the BIOS recovery steps, it is not very clear when the power button should be pushed for 3 seconds. That being said I tried so many times I probably push it at least once at the right time. Unfortunately nothing appears on the screen no matter when I push on the power button.

I observe the stick more when I tried your steps. When the computer starts, blue light comes on, the a couple of seconds after num lock lights, the mouse too and my usb key has a red light on. And then every usb powered device stops having light. Then for 30-40 seconds nothing happens, then usb device lights on again for a second and off again. It's like if the device is stuck in a loop. But I never get anything on the screen.

Thanks

idata
Community Manager

Hello MatK

Thank you for your response.

In order to do the BIOS recovery you should have unit off and the .BIO file on the USB plug in the Intel® compute stick. Once you have the UBS plug in and the unit off push the power bottom for 3 seconds and release it before the 4 second.

What Operating system was installed on the unit?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

MKurt1
Beginner

Hi Leonardo,

thanks for the precision.

I tried again and no difference.

Unfortunately, I don't remember if it was windows 8 or 10.

Thanks

Mathieu

idata
Community Manager

Hello MatK

Thank you for your response.

It seems that due to the problem that you are facing we can try to proceed with a warrant, I am going to send you a private message to request detail information. Please see your private inbox.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

idata
Community Manager

Hello MatK

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

MKurt1
Beginner

Hi Leonardo,

thanks for the followup.

Device is too old to still be on warranty.

Thanks for your time.

I guess I should never have done this BIOS update.

Mat