Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Intel mini breakout board gets hot , Not working!

Hi ,

I bought the intel mini-breakout module and instlaled the edison module.

the module booted fine with the usb connected and I could log in via wifi to the module.

I connected 12v 1amp Lab bench supply to pins J21 on mini breakout board and the mini-breakout board had only 1 LED light on the right side.

The module and board gets Hot and does nothing.

I tried the module back on my origianal arduino board and nothing. No lights.

Is this a known problem ? is there something I should have set before connecting the external 12v?

or was the mini breakout board defective ? should I send this all back to Intel , or its time to quit trying to use the edison ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Bennnn,

Thank you so much for contacting us.

We are worried about your issue, and we would love to assist you in a better way via Email. To do this, can you please submit a service ticket using this form? https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Leonardo R.
idata
Community Manager

Hi Bennnn,

Did you submit the ticket? We need you to do this to assist you.

Regards,

Leonardo R.
idata
Community Manager

Hi Leonardo,

The Mini Breakout board was faulty. I ordered a new module and tried it on the mini breakout board and at first it worked , then the power died altogether. The new module is working fine on the arduino board.

I asked support to replace the minibreakout board and module since it was the breakout board that damaged the original module.

Frustrating since I have made the logic translators for the SPI & I2C for my project around the mini breakout ! I'm not sure the arduino has enough pins. I'll take a look at Arduino mraa IO and see if there are the needed pins available.

I need;

1 x I2C

1 x SPI

1 x SSP2 serial audio interface

1 x USB host ( maybe )

I'll let you know if I can return faulty board here.

Ben

idata
Community Manager

Hi Bennnn,

Thanks for letting us know.

Yes, we have noticed that you submitted an email ticket, we are going to continue helping you in that ticket to avoid confusions.

Now, about the pins available in the Arduino breakout board, you have access to the I2C, SPI and USB host, unfortunately the I2S interface is not available, you have to use the mini breakout board to use it.

Have a nice weekend.

Regards,

Leonardo R.