I tested this example,but it can't receive any data inDash board.
1. iotkit-admin test command is ok.
2. iotkit-admin activat code command is ok.
3. I create a device in cloud with my device id.
4. then I run the command: systemctl start iotkit-agent
5. I adjust my IP address "IOTKIT_IP" in IoTkit.h.
6. I run arduino app IoTkitRegisterExample with my activate key.
7. then run IoTkitSimple Example.
8. I 'm sure that the IoTkitSimple app is download into edison board, and running.
Finally, there is nothing in Dash board.
so is there something I do wrong?
Please help me out.
I found the https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/managed/2a/e9/Intel-DeveKit-Tutorial-Guide.pdf?_ga=1.... Intel® Galileo Development Kit for IoT Tutorial Guide, I think you can use the ideas and adjust them to Edison, maybe you find it helpful.
However if you are able to make it work I invite you to post your results in the community.
If you have any more doubts don't hesitate to ask.
It can receive data in the DashBoard, but it is not stable and appear that:
root@edison:~# iotkit-admin test
2014-11-26T02:44:25.428Z - info: Trying to connect to host ...
2014-11-26T02:44:31.565Z - error: Data Submission Error code=ENOTFOUND, errno=ENOTFOUND, syscall=getaddrinfo
2014-11-26T02:44:31.573Z - error: Connection failed to dashboard.us.enableiot.com
so , how can I improve the stability ?.
That looks like a DNS problem in your setup more than anything else IMHO. The error looks like a name resolution one and as such it's unlikely to be related to anything like iotkit libraries, it's rather something wrong with your network connection or DNS server. Try running some name resolution command in a loop to see how frequently it fails, that may give you some clues to the root cause.