Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YYan8
New Contributor I

Is Golang supported by Galileo Gen 2?

Jump to solution

Hi, all,

we have a project which needs to port a Go program to Galileo Gen 2.

Well, I just came cross the thread: xbolshe mentioned that Galileo does not support Go as it lacks MMX.

Is this true? Do we have solutions for Galileo to support Go?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hello AU_yzy0050,

Unfortunately, as @xbolshe explains in the link you mentioned above, Galileo does not support Go as it lacks MMX. Regretfully, due to this limitation it is not possible for Galileo to support Go.

I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

-Peter.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello AU_yzy0050,

Unfortunately, as @xbolshe explains in the link you mentioned above, Galileo does not support Go as it lacks MMX. Regretfully, due to this limitation it is not possible for Galileo to support Go.

I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

-Peter.

View solution in original post

YYan8
New Contributor I

Should gccgo work?

Thanks.

idata
Community Manager

Since gccgo is a compiler of the Go language, it uses Go as a dependency, so I believe the same limitation applies for gccgo.

-Peter.
asss
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

https://blog.golang.org/gccgo-in-gcc-471 Gccgo in GCC 4.7.1 - The Go Blog

The Go team has written two different compilers that implement that spec: gc and gccgo. Having two different implementations helps ensure that the spec is complete and correct: when the compilers disagree, we fix the spec, and change one or both compilers accordingly. Gc is the original compiler, and the go tool uses it by default. Gccgo is a different implementation with a different focus, and in this post we'll take a closer look at it.

As I saw in gccto source code, it has no MMX commands. So need just to compile gccgo and check.

BR,

xbolshe