Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TLe30
Novice

Is my intel galileo gen 2 broken?

My board is recently not recognize by my laptop (no more COM port in device manager).

I realize that USB led goes off so I cant connect board to my laptop again. Furthermore intel galileo has not appear in DHCP LAN client again. Is my board broken? How can I fix this?

Thanks.

5 Replies
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello lethaixuong,

Have you tried to update the firmware? That might recover the board from its current state. I recommend you to download the Firmware Updater Tool and try to update the firmware: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24748 Download Intel® Galileo Firmware and Drivers 1.0.4.

Although you have updated the firmware before, I still recommend you to use the Firmware Updater Tool. The firmware might have gotten corrupted, and updating the firmware might recover the board.

Additionally, are you powering the board through a DC power supply? I cannot see it in your picture. Also, did you try to power on the board without the SD Yocto image to check if the same issue is still happening regardless if you are booting from the SD Yocto image or not? Do you have access to the terminal of the board?

Regards,

Diego.

TLe30
Novice

I can not connect my board to laptop. No com port has been detected. So I can't update firmware. This board does not boot too .

Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello lethaixuong,

Have you tried to access the boards' terminal through the FTDI cable?

Additionally, does the behavior change if you power up the board without the SD card? How are you powering the board? Are you using the DC power supply?

Regards,

Diego.

TLe30
Novice

Have you tried to access the boards' terminal through the FTDI cable? ==>> Not yet

Additionally, does the behavior change if you power up the board without the SD card? ==>> No

How are you powering the board? ==>> Plug Power first then wait for USB led but USB never goes on.

Are you using the DC power supply? ==>> Of course.

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi lethaixuong,

Is the board getting hot?

Let's try with the FTDI cable (remember to use a 3.3V cable), with this we could check if the board is booting.

Also, have you tried to connect the board to another PC, the problem could be related to the current in the ports.

Are you using 2.0 or 3.0 USB ports?

Regards,

Charlie