Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Is there a bug in the Host to MCU data transfer protocol?

Hi,

I have an app that uses the MCU to successively read a GPIO pin, compile the the results as byte oriented data and then transfer the resultant byte data buffer to the Host using the 'host_send()' function. What I have discovered is that the byte that is 38th from the end of the transmit buffer is always corrupted. I've tried different buffer lengths but the 38th byte from the end of the transmit buffer is always being altered when sent to the Host.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi EmbSysPro,

That's a weird issue, I ran the example code of communication between the host and the MCU, and I sent a message of 50 bytes without problems (Look at the photo), as you can see in the photo I sent it a lot of times without errors.

So, I'm not sure why you are getting that error. Are you using the latest Edison Image? Can you give me more details about your problem to help you more?

I will be waiting for your answer.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

-Leonardo
idata
Community Manager

It appears that I made a mistake. The problem was not with the 'host_send()' function or the underlying protocol but with my code. The problem has been resolved. Thank you!

idata
Community Manager

Hi EmbSysPro,

That's awesome, it is good to know that you resolved it.

Feel free to ask us when you have issues.

Regards,

-Leonardo