cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RNara1
Novice

Is there a way to send matlab data to Intel Galileo

Jump to solution

I have my data in matlab which i want to tranfer it to Galileo for further actions, could you please help me out with this?

1 Solution
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hi Shoban_Narayan,

I'm afraid that connecting the Galileo board with MATLAB is not possible. As you can see in the following threads from MathWorks* forum, the Galileo board is not supported by MATLAB so it's not possible to send data to the board:

Regards,

Diego

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hi Shoban_Narayan,

I'm afraid that connecting the Galileo board with MATLAB is not possible. As you can see in the following threads from MathWorks* forum, the Galileo board is not supported by MATLAB so it's not possible to send data to the board:

Regards,

Diego

View solution in original post

JTurn12
New Contributor II

What type of data is it though?

Depending on what you want to do, it may be possible. For example, a vector array as a txt file would be possible.

I have sent a file like this from an arduino into a PC and imported it manually into MATLAB. Your task seems a bit more complicated but It can be accomplished with a python script of some sort.

Good luck

RNara1
Novice

Yes it is vector array of txt datatype, but I must automize the transfer of files between PC and Galileo through coding.

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Shoban_Narayan wrote:

Yes it is vector array of txt datatype, but I must automize the transfer of files between PC and Galileo through coding.

What about the following sequence?:

a) generate .txt file in matlab

b) have a program that once recognized the .txt file exists, sends it to somewhere (Galileo in this case) and rename/delete the file

you could add a "signal" to the program sending the .txt file...

I'm curious why you need to send data from a PC to the Galileo... the "usual" data flow I've seen is in the opposite direction: from Galileo or Arduino to PC except in configuration startup at the Galileo or Arduino.

Fernando.

JTurn12
New Contributor II

MATLAB has some FTP operations, so if your Galileo is on the same LAN you should be able to send the file that way.

http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/ftp-class.html http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/ftp-class.html

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

I did not work much with matlab, you clearly know better, this is far easier than my "proposal".

Fernando.