Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJart
Beginner

Is there a way to turn on with Power state [Always On] without TV?

I have 2 of ics and it get stuck the same problem when use power state always on.

When plug ics to power before turn on TV, LED is solid but nothing display on TV.

If turn on TV first before plug ics it work normally.

Is there a way to fix this problem?

0 Kudos
16 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello JJ_Auto,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

Can you please provide the following information to better assist you?
  • BIOS version of each Intel® Compute Stick:
  • The model number of the TV/monitor:
  • Have you tested a different TV/monitor: (if yes, please provide the model number)
  • Are you using an additional HDMI cable other than the one that comes with the devices?
I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

JC
JJart
Beginner

Thanks for your prompt response.

I'm not sure about BIOS version, I delivered ics to my customer and this function is necessary for their using.

I'll get back to you later.

(Can you check from date of manufacture 17 Jan 2017? I didn't update it.)

TV: Toshiba 32L1600VT

I use with this model only and no additional hdmi cable.

32L1600VT
idata
Community Manager

Hello JJ_Auto,

Thank you for the information.

If the manufacture date is 01/17/2017, the BIOS version should be 0030, and the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26699/BIOS-Update-SCCHTAX5-86A-?product=91065 latest is 0035. I would also recommend testing the device in a different TV/Monitor because this could be a handshake issue due to compatibility.

Best Regards,

JC
idata
Community Manager

Hi JJ_Auto,

I was reviewing this thread and I wanted to know if you need further assistance?

Best Regards,

Juan V.
JHair
Novice

HI, ICS could boot Ubuntu 14.04 without HDMI connection. I think the problem would be occurred by grub.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Blaze_Tech,

The Intel® Compute Stick can boot without an HDMI connection, in regards to the OS, the thread refers to the Intel® Compute Stick STK1AW32SC which supports only Windows® 10.

You can check the following link for further information:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-compute-stick/000005899.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Compute Stick

I hope this information helps.

Best Regards,

Juan V.
JJart
Beginner

Thank you all for your replied. But my ICS with pre-instlled windows 10 seems doesn't work without TV. Now, I use smart plug to force ICS to open after TV.

I will buy another ICS to test follow your recommendation.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Jezz,

I have a couple of ICS (CC m3 and CC m5) connected to a 4-port HDMI KVM and from there to a HDMI monitor. If the ICS are powered on while not selected at the KVM or even with the monitor powered off, they boot up into Windows just fine, thus verifying that the ICS are capable of headless operation. I do not see these ICS hang at all; they operate for days without intervention. I wonder if your problem is that the ICS are configured to allow monitor sleep. I always disable monitor sleep. I suggest that you try this...

Hope this helps,

...S

JJart
Beginner

Thank you N. Scott Pearsonfor your suggestion. 

Do you set ICS power state to always on? What OS do you use?

JJart
Beginner

Do you use a button to powered on ICS or not?

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Windows 10 (fully up to date).

Monitor and System Sleep both disabled.

No, it powers on on its own.

...S

idata
Community Manager

Hi JJ_Auto,

I was reviewing this thread and I wanted to know if you need further assistance?

Best Regards,

Juan V.
JJart
Beginner

Thank you Juan. I will get ICS back on Monday. I will update the Bios and let you know.

I'm curious, what is the difference between Windows 10 and the windows 10 that pre-install on ICS?

idata
Community Manager

Hello JJ_Auto,

The Windows® 10 installed on the Intel® Compute Stick is the Home Edition 32 Bit, there isn't a special edition for the device. You can check the following link for information about Windows® 10 Versions & Editions:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compare Compare Windows 10 Editions - Microsoft.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Juan V.
JJart
Beginner

It works perfectly after updated BIOS to 0035 as you mentioned earlier. Thank you guys for all your support.

idata
Community Manager

Hello JJ_Auto,

I am glad to hear it works now. Please don't hesitate in contacting us back if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Juan V.