Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Swati_C_Intel
Employee

Issue adding the Galileo driver in window 8.1 operating system

I am trying to add Galileo driver to window 8.1 operating system. I these are the steps

1. Install the driver file from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24748/Intel-Galileo-Firmware-Updater-and-Drivers-1-0-4 Download Intel® Galileo Firmware Updater and Drivers 1.0.4 . Save the file on the desktop.

2. Open device manager look for Gadget serial v2.4.Right click on it .Click Update Driver software

3.Click on Browse my computer for driver software

4.Add the path name where the file is stored(i.e Desktop in my case)

5. click Next

Everytime an error comes up "Window found your driver software but an error occurred while attempting to install it.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Swati_C_Intel
Employee

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

swatich wrote:

Yes I did

do you have java installed?

Ok, please

a) copy the .zip as well as the unzipped files in a directory and send the screen showing those files

b) the "system" screen (i.e the one in which the windows version is shown, memory, etc.)

c) send the sequence of screens you see from

Open device manager look for Gadget serial v2.4.Right click on it .Click Update Driver software

to the screen showing the error.

Fernando.

Swati_C_Intel
Employee

Yes Java is installed in my system:

The file is saved in C:Galileo_Driver

Then I go to Driver Manager. Right Click on the gadgetSerial v2.4 .Update Driver software

Manually browse and try adding the driver

Click Next

Everytime same error pops

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Thank you very much.

Everything seems to be "fine" ... except for the error...

If there is other device with the "!" in the Device Manager, specially under In Ports (COM & LPT), as shown at

https://software.intel.com/en-us/installing-drivers-and-updating-firmware-for-arduino-windows IoT - Installing drivers and updating firmware for Arduino on a system with Windows* | Intel® Software

then follow the steps for updating that "unknown device" and let me know the results.

Do not worry if there is a "! Gadget Serial..." under "Other devices" for now.

Fernando.

Swati_C_Intel
Employee

I did as said. Same error !!!

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Well... then the step by step Intel documented methodology does not work in your case...

Now I remember there were some "old" threads about problems with USB ports and/or cables... try with other USB cables (usually, the thicker the better...) and avoid using USB 3.0 ports.

Fernando.

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

BTW: do not use USB extension cords and/or USB hubs, I've had problems with many of them.

Fernando.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Swatich,

We would like to know if you've already installed the Galileo driver. Also, if you need more assistance, please let us know, we'll happy to help you.

Regards,

-Yermi