Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9881 Discussions

Issue building OS v1705 and BIOS 1H3

hgs
Beginner

Hi,

When I tried to rebuild the released reference OS 1705 following the instruction from https://github.com/01org/ref-os-iot GitHub - 01org/ref-os-iot: This is the official distribution of the Intel(R) Reference Operating System for the Internet… ,

build fails during gcc-runtime-6.3.0-r0 compile with the error as shown below. (Pls find the complete error logs attached)

.libs/compatibility-c++0x.o: In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0':

| /usr/src/debug/gcc-runtime/6.3.0-r0/gcc-6.3.0/build.x86_64-refos-linux.x86_64-refos-linux/x86_64-refos-linux/libstdc++-v3/src/../../../../../../../../../work-shared/gcc-6.3.0-r0/gcc-6.3.0/libstdc++-v3/src/c++11/compatibility-c++0x.cc:214: undefined reference to `__dso_handle'

| /media/lynx/lnx/jo/work/ref-os-iot/build/tmp-glibc/work/corei7-64-refos-linux/gcc-runtime/6.3.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/x86_64-refos-linux/../../libexec/x86_64-refos-linux/gcc/x86_64-refos-linux/6.3.0/ld: .libs/compatibility-c++0x.o: relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against undefined hidden symbol `__dso_handle' can not be used when making a shared object

| /media/lynx/lnx/jo/work/ref-os-iot/build/tmp-glibc/work/corei7-64-refos-linux/gcc-runtime/6.3.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/x86_64-refos-linux/../../libexec/x86_64-refos-linux/gcc/x86_64-refos-linux/6.3.0/ld: final link failed: Bad value

| collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

| Makefile:606: recipe for target 'libstdc++.la' failed

| make[3]: *** [libstdc++.la] Error 1

| make[3]: Leaving directory '/media/lynx/lnx/jo/work/ref-os-iot/build/tmp-glibc/work/corei7-64-refos-linux/gcc-runtime/6.3.0-r0/gcc-6.3.0/build.x86_64-refos-linux.x86_64-refos-linux/x86_64-refos-linux/libstdc++-v3/src'

| Makefile:638: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed

| make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

| make[2]: Leaving directory '/media/lynx/lnx/jo/work/ref-os-iot/build/tmp-glibc/work/corei7-64-refos-linux/gcc-runtime/6.3.0-r0/gcc-6.3.0/build.x86_64-refos-linux.x86_64-refos-linux/x86_64-refos-linux/libstdc++-v3/src'

| Makefile:507: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed

| make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

| make[1]: Leaving directory '/media/lynx/lnx/jo/work/ref-os-iot/build/tmp-glibc/work/corei7-64-refos-linux/gcc-runtime/6.3.0-r0/gcc-6.3.0/build.x86_64-refos-linux.x86_64-refos-linux/x86_64-refos-linux/libstdc++-v3'

| Makefile:414: recipe for target 'all' failed

| make: *** [all] Error 2

| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /media/lynx/lnx/jo/work/ref-os-iot/build/tmp-glibc/work/corei7-64-refos-linux/gcc-runtime/6.3.0-r0/temp/log.do_compile.26104)

ERROR: Task (/media/lynx/lnx/jo/work/ref-os-iot/build/../intel-iot-refkit/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-runtime_6.3.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1776 tasks of which 1772 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Between, one of the reason I am trying to rebuild, is for patching the linux kernel to enable access to SPI ports. Pls refer to the thread for details.

Kindly provide your support

Thnks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hi Hgs,

Thanks for your patience.

I tried to build the image again, and I was able to build the image with some error reaching certain websites. When this happened I simply started the build again with 'bitbake full-image" each time it continued to build.

So, could you please try it again? And let us know if you have issues.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Leonardo R.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Hgs,

Thanks for contacting us and for the information.

I'll be needing more time to test this, I will let you know when I have updates.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Leonardo R.
idata
Community Manager

Hi Hgs,

I just want to let you know that I'm having the same error, I will try to fix it, and I'll contact you soon.

I appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Leonardo R.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Hgs,

Thanks for your patience.

I tried to build the image again, and I was able to build the image with some error reaching certain websites. When this happened I simply started the build again with 'bitbake full-image" each time it continued to build.

So, could you please try it again? And let us know if you have issues.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Leonardo R.
idata
Community Manager

Hi Hgs,

Do you have any updates?

Regards,

Leonardo R.