Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSmet1
Beginner

Issue with connecting galileo gen 2 to win 8.1 computer

I went through the guide and nothing I do seems to move the driver of the galileo from "unknown USB device"

I also searched every conversation in this forum for tips on how to turn it to a port before installing the driver with no success

installing the drivers manually did not help

it stays listed as an Unknown USB device

please advise

0 Kudos
7 Replies
FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi msmetanov,

Please post the guide you are following, indicating the step-by-step process as well as the screens you are seeing.

BR,

Fernando.

Michael_S_Intel6
Employee

Hey Fernando thanks for your quick reply

I will post screenshots later but for now - the issue is that when connecting the Galileo it appears not under "ports" or "other devices" but as an "unknown usb device" in th "universal serial bus controllers"

when trying to update the driver I get that the driver is already updated, when trying to update manually I get that the file is incompatible with 64 bit systems

I've tried installing the inf manually, the cat manually, tried installing the drivers from within the arduino folders but nothing seems to change the fact that it is still an unknown device

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Maybe this helps:

This issue is caused by the CDC driver not being updated. Try with the following steps:

1. Right click on "CDC Driver" and choose Update Driver Software.
  2. Choose the option "Browse my computer for driver software."
  3. In the next Window choose "Intel Corporation" under the Manufacturer column and "Galileo" under the Model column.
  4. Click "Next "and then "Yes"

Let us know your results. If you continue to see issues, please post screenshots of your progress.

(From , and a similar steps list is at )

Fernando.

Michael_S_Intel6
Employee

thanks Fernando! it worked

it was recognized and I managed to update the firmware and connect

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Great.

You are welcome,

Fernando.

lli44
Beginner

Hi ,

I also encountered the same problem, but the error in device manager is "unknown device " , not the "cdc serial" , so i found i can install the "linux-cdc-xx.inf" driver file .

Please tell me how to do it , thank you .

best regards

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi candice555,

I'm not sure I understand the problem. I'd suggest you start a new thread describing the problem (if useful, explain similarity/ies with the one described in this thread) and what you have made so far.

HTH,

Fernando.