cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Issues with Docker when setting up ISS-IoT in Linux

Hello,

I am attempting to get my development environment configured to the point where I can compile and run the provided examples (Hello_World.cpp, specifically). I am following along with the setup instructions at https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/642105 IoT - Setting up the Intel® System Studio IoT Edition (Linux*) | Intel® Software to configure the development environment in Linux.

Once I get to the end of the Create a new Project step, I am met with a popup that says "Could not create the Docker container for the selected project". I followed the installation steps at the top of the instructions exactly, and can confirm that executing `docker ps` returns the expected output (based on the instructions).

Some details about my environment:

Ubuntu Linux 14.04 running in a virtual machine

$ docker -v

Docker version 1.6.2, build 7c8fca2

$ java -version

java version "1.8.0_101"

Java(TM_ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_101-b13)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.101-b13, mixed mode)

Some terse Googling didn't come up with any other instances of this Docker error. Is there some other dependency that I may be lacking due to Ubuntu version or anything? I've seen explicit mention of using 16.04 in another thread here regarding cross-compilation ( ), which is a longer-term goal of mine as well.

Many thanks in advance,

EDIT: One possibility is that docker, because it requires virtualization itself, can not be used within a virtual machine? I'm afraid I'm not familiar enough with docker to flush this thought out much more, but I'll continue to look into it and update this thread if I find anything interesting.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Community Manager

Hello ScottMac,

I do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced due to this matter.

In regard to your concern, I would like to kindly refer you to our Intel Developer Team, there you will be able to address your questions about loT.

You can submit your request at the following support link:

/community/tech/edison/content?filterID=contentstatus%5Bpublished%5D~category%5Biot-developer-kit%5D https://communities.intel.com/community/tech/edison/content?filterID=contentstatus%5Bpublished%5D~ca...

Regards,

Angie