Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TGoh1
Novice

It come out with error "USB not recognized" when connected edison with computer

Normally, if we connect the intel edison board with the computer should come out with the edison driver but in my case is that it didnt come out the driver but come out with an error "USB not recognized". Although i try found the solution but still cant solve the problem.

5 Replies
Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

How are you powering the board, with an external power supply or with 2 USB cables? Make sure SW1 is in the correct position. What OS are you using in your computer and what image is flashed in your board?

If this doesn't work I'd suggest you to re install the drivers https://software.intel.com/en-us/get-started-edison-windows-32-step2 IoT - Step 2: Install drivers | Intel® Developer Zone

Sergio

TGoh1
Novice

I power it with external power supply but also connected 2 USB cables. I am using Window 8 OS. The biggest problem i faced is it did't show the Edison driver as show in the step of setup tutorial but it had become a type of USN download storage

Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

What type of USB cables are you using USB 2.0 or 3.0? Take a look at . The users in this thread have a similar issue to yours. Follow the suggestions and let me know your results.

Sergio

TGoh1
Novice

Thanks for reply~i finally sucess to see the edison driver by flash it manually through intel phone flash tool lite but it is normal for the driver is empty ?

Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

Yes, that is normal. The reason why the drive is now empty has already been answered in another thread.

The answer was: The Edison drive was used to flash the Edison with the Yocto image using the ota method. For this procedure you needed to download the complete Yocto image and copy the files inside the Edison drive and then you could flash the board. This method is no longer used, it should be empty unless you copy files in there manually.

Sergio