Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mgolu
New Contributor II

It is possible to write some data (couple of Bytes) to flash memory via SPI or UART ?

Jump to solution

As in subject:

I have new D2000 board and I wondering if it is possible to write couple of bytes to flash memory from external device? For example via SPI, UART or any other way?

Accepted Solutions
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello mark_kram,

You can't directly write data in to the D2000's flash through SPI or UART. Nevertheless, writing data that comes from those interfaces is indeed possible. You will have to receive the data you want to store, move that data to a variable and then take that data and write it on the memory.

I suggest you to check the documentation that can be found in C:\IntelSWTools\ISSM_2016.0.027\firmware\bsp\1.0\doc\html, specifically the file group__groupFlash.html. In that document you will be able to find the information about how to interact with the D2000's flash memory.

You should also check the example found in https://github.com/01org/qmsi/blob/master/examples/flash_access/main.c qmsi/main.c at master · 01org/qmsi · GitHub , it might be of help for you.

Peter.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello mark_kram,

You can't directly write data in to the D2000's flash through SPI or UART. Nevertheless, writing data that comes from those interfaces is indeed possible. You will have to receive the data you want to store, move that data to a variable and then take that data and write it on the memory.

I suggest you to check the documentation that can be found in C:\IntelSWTools\ISSM_2016.0.027\firmware\bsp\1.0\doc\html, specifically the file group__groupFlash.html. In that document you will be able to find the information about how to interact with the D2000's flash memory.

You should also check the example found in https://github.com/01org/qmsi/blob/master/examples/flash_access/main.c qmsi/main.c at master · 01org/qmsi · GitHub , it might be of help for you.

Peter.

View solution in original post

mgolu
New Contributor II

Dear Intel_Peter,

thanks for your fast and comprehensive answer. In case of any problems I will try to ask again :-).

Br's.