cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AAdam11
Beginner

Java Support Unavailable in System Studio IDE on OSX

Hi,

I have been following the instructions for installing system studio on an Macbook Pro with MacOS 10.12.1 but when I try to create a new IOT project, there is only C/C++ and not java project is shown in the tutorial. I have the JDK installed as I have previously developed Java on this machine. I am wanting to program in Java for the Edison board. Any idea why the option is not there? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I noticed the .settings file in the installation directory had a line IOTDEVKIT_DISABLE_JAVA_SUPPORT=true; If I set this to false creating new java projects is available. I am unable to find anywhere which explains why this is disabled by default. Is it supported on Windows or Linux?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Spark46,

Thank for reaching out.

Well that's weird, because I couldn't install it, I got a message that it is not supported. Take a look at the photo:

Maybe that's the reason why you couldn't create java projects, as far as I know this feature is supported on Windows and Linux because they already come with the option to create Java projects.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Regards,

-Leonardo
AAdam11
Beginner

I got the same message, but I'm pretty sure if you click next it will install anyway. I will maybe try on Linux and see what happens.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Spark46,

Thank you for telling us, please let us know if you have issues with it too.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

-Leonardo
AAndr58
Beginner

Hello Im using Windows and Im having exactly the same problem. The last version of the Intel System Studio doensnt have the java support. I cant import java examples, just C/C++.

idata
Community Manager

Hi guys,

If you still have problems, I suggest you to try installing the older version which supports C/C++ and Java projects, the only difference is that you won't be able to create projects for the Intel Joule development platform, and it seems that you are using the Edison board, so you shouldn't have problems with it. Check this link: https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/675534# Issues_installing_Docker

I hope you find this information helpful.

Regards,

-Leonardo
AAndr58
Beginner

Hello Leonardo,

Do you know where can I get the old studio version?

Thanks in advance,

André

idata
Community Manager

Hi AndreBraga,

You can download an older version in this link: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25871/eng/iss-iot-win_03-14-16.7z, you shouldn't have problems installing it and using Java.

Have a nice weekend.

Regards,

-Leonardo