Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DFerr9
New Contributor I

Json ... is installed on Edison by default? What flavor?

Hi all -

I'm developing something that I'd like to run on both Ubuntu and Yocto Linux (on the Edison). I'm doing most of the dev work in Ubuntu.

I need to serialize and deserialize JSON objects.

If Edison has a native or default JSON library, I'd like to use that in Ubuntu also. Does Edison have JSON built in? What library is it? Does it come from Node.js?

Thanks much.

- Dave Ferreira

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RRobe17
New Contributor I

what is your target programming language? If we know that we can recommend json parsers for you.

Parsers exist for every programming language I can think of.

NODE JS has a Json parser.

gcc has several json parsers.

DFerr9
New Contributor I

Sorry, my bad. Interrupted by crying 4-yo.

WORKING IN C++ on both Edison (Yocto) and Ubuntu Linux.

What JSON library should I install on Ubuntu to match what's on the Edison. (So that same code will run on both with minimal massaging.)

Thank you.

- Dave F.

RRobe17
New Contributor I

For the Intel Edison I do not use c++ I use NODE JS, however this tiny lightweight parser is easy to use. all you need to do is add the json11.cpp and json11.hpp file into your project.

Seeing that you are coding in c++ this json parser should compile on the Edison as well as the Raspberry Pi as well as any Linux Distro or Windows machine.

This is the one I use in my projects.

https://github.com/borisgontar/json11 GitHub - borisgontar/json11: C++11 class implementing JSON data interchange format.

DFerr9
New Contributor I

Oh, ok. So rather than link to a lib, I would just compile in the JSON11 module?

Thanks.

idata
Community Manager

> Oh, ok. So rather than link to a lib, I would just compile in the JSON11 module?

Yes. :-)

RRobe17
New Contributor I