Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Just got edison, cant get computer to see it

I just received edison. Followed hook up procedures from Intel page and can not get either my mac or PC to see "Edison device" like in the walkthrough, Very frustrating. Following procedure on both computers I have, I plugged it in via USB to middle port with switch in down position. DS1 light is on. Ds2 is blinking, DS3 light blinks even faster. I have tried using different cables. using both USB cables and stuff like that. I don't have a power supply so I have not tried that yet but the instructions say I should be able to see the Edison on my mac or pc and I am not. Thanks, Dan

8 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hello dlea2000,

Which guide did you follow when trying to connect your Edison?

Did you make sure to install the Edison's driver on your PC? Like stated on http://www.intel.com/support/edison/sb/CS-035286.htm Intel® Edison Products — Flashing Intel® Edison (wired) - Windows*

On your Mac, if you connect your Edison with two USB cables, doesn't it show a drive called Edison on finder?

Peter.

Highlighted
Novice

Hi Peter, yes for all 3 questions. I also followed a guide from the sparkfun website for seeing the device using Terminal on the Mac. Not seeing the board. Do you have a reference on what the blinking lights mean? Maybe it some error code that I can do something about. Thanks, Dan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi dlea2000,

Sorry for the delay in my response. Can you send me the guide you followed I'd like to try it. Also, what happens if you try it using a different computer, is the board recognized?

Peter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hello dlea2000

I too faced the problem long time back but I came to know that it was due to FTDMI drivers. I tried to install but can't succeeded. Then I tried to install it using compatibility mode. Finally after installing that driver and the Intel edison driver, I can see them in my PC.

So, make sure that you have installed FTDMI drivers.

I hope it could help you out.

Regards

Krish

Highlighted
Novice

I started with the one from Intel. did not see it on both Mac and PC then I tried the one from Spark Fun :https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/edison-getting-started-guide# plugging-in Edison Getting Started Guide - learn.sparkfun.com.

I don't see the Edison on the computer and I just get those blinking lights. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hello dlea2000,

I've sent you a private message, please take look at it.

Peter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hi Intel_Peter and dlea2000,

I am having the same problem. How do I fix this. The only light that is ON on my mine is the ds3 light and it is blinking too fast. I need an urgent help please.

Thanks,

Chinedu

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

If it is the exact same issue and flashing your board with either Flash Tool Lite or flashall doesn't work, you can submit an email to http://www.intel.com/support/mailform/maker/warrantyemail.htm Intel® Support.

Peter.

0 Kudos