Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Leaded package Replacement of HDMI level shifter in Expansion board ?

Hello,

I am looking for the leaded package replacement for HDMI level shifter chip ps8203 which is a BGA package. One replacement I found is PTN3363BSMP with Digikey no. 568-11580-1-ND, Just want to know is it compatible with old ps8203 or not. If not then please help with suitable leaded package as I don't want to use BGA, Also If we go for Leaded package instead of BGA, will there be any issue like Impedance mismatch or other?

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi CookieMonster,

Thank you for contacting us. This is a very interesting request. I'm not aware of a chip that can serve as a replacement for the PS8203. I researched for the chip and found some information on the Joule Bill of Materials (BOM): http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-joule-kits/000022329.html . The document shows the part number as well as the manufacturer. A different presentation of the chip, such as the leaded package you're looking for won't be found in the BOM because it's not the specific part that was used in the Joule and it'll have a different part number.

Given that modifications, such as changing the chip from a BGA to a lead package presentation are out of the scope of this support team, it'll be hard to determine if there'll be complications such as the ones you describe.

One option that I can think of to help you move forward with your request is contacting the manufacturer. According to the BOM, the manufacturer of the chip is Parade. You can try to contact them and explain the modification you plan to do, they'll have more recommendations on what to take into consideration when doing this replacement. The website for Parade support is https://www.paradetech.com/products/ps8203-8204/ .

I hope you find this information useful.

Regards,

-Sergio A

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Will try to contact paradetech, let's see, how it goes,....

Thanks again.

-CM

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

You're welcome. Keep us updated and let us know what they respond.

Regards,

-Sergio A

0 Kudos