Whenever I start the Intel Eclipse IDE, I get this error "The repository version detected on target is older than Eclipse version". Form where can i get the updated version of Linux and is it the right place to download the Linux image? https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/hardware/galileo/downloads IoT - Intel® Galileo Board Download | Intel® Developer Zone
So far I have three different files for the linux image
1) iot-devkit-201510010757-mmcblkp0-galileo.direct 205 MB
Source :https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/hardware/galileo/downloads IoT - Intel® Galileo Board Download | Intel® Developer Zone
2) iot-devkit-latest-mmcblkp0.direct 232 MB
3) iot-devkit-1.5-i586-galileo 232 MB
Two images seems to be the same because of same size but different names and the first one is smaller in size and looks different.
I checked the Linux version in PuTTy and got this
root@galileo:/# cat /etc/version
I am using the image that you can find in http://downloadmirror.intel.com/25384/eng/iot-devkit-201510010757-mmcblkp0-galileo.direct.xz http://downloadmirror.intel.com/25384/eng/iot-devkit-201510010757-mmcblkp0-galileo.direct.xz. I have never seen that message come up. Have you tried this image?
Hi Peter, I am gonna tried this version now as I tried before iot-devkit-1.5-i586-galileo image. Do you know why there is a large size difference between the two. Is there any features difference?
They must be different versions of the same image. Officially there are two images for Galileo, the eglibc image and the uclibc image. The eglibc image is the one used with Eclipse, XDK, etc. What you might have encountered are different versions of the same image. In that case the differences are the features, software fixes and etc. You should always use the latest version of the image which will be found in http://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/hardware/galileo/downloads Intel® Galileo Downloads.
These are two types of data stroage error i faced every time. After struggling with these issue i have some points to solve them listed below.
SD Card· Disable and Re-enable SD card· Restore the mobile to factory settings
· Update the memory card reader driver and the USB driver when using the SD card on a computer.
· Format the SD card (this will delete the files though)- We recommend to use a data recovery software.
· Connect the SD card to a computer. Run cmd and enter the command “chkdsk d: /r” (d is the drive letter of the SD card) to scan the SD card and perform repairs (this may preserve files if successful).
if any one is facing this like me then plz follow these steps to get rid of these issues.
Senior developer from https://www.5staressays.com