Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCame1
Beginner

Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8000

Whenever I try to upload the Java variant of the blinking LED sample code to my Intel Edison via Eclipse the code compiles and uploads correctly (as far as I can tell). The problem is that the last thing written into the console is "Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8000" and both of my LED's on my Edison mini breakout board stay solid instead of blinking. I have verified that the program is being uploaded successfully as there is a file located on the Edison named 'UtioniFifo' with Utioni being the name of the project. Help would be greatly appreciated as I haven't had any success as of yet.

2 Replies
JCame1
Beginner

Bump

Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

If your goal is to make one of the LEDs of the mini breakout board blink using the blink example then that's not going to work. The mini breakout board has no onboard LEDs that can be programmed to blink. In order to see a LED blink using the mini breakout board you need to use an external LED and a breadboard such as in

There are two LEDs on the mini Breakout DS3 shows when the charger is charging the battery. DS1 shows when the processor is asserting reset.

Sergio