Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bweve
New Contributor I

MCU Connect error- "Prepare debug failed, error message: sh: line 0: echo write error: Operation not permitted

This has just started happening frequently on my project.

I've got the IP in the correct otherwise, it wouldn't be able to connect in the first place.

Does anyone know which script it's trying to execute, or is there a log somewhere I can look at, ideally in Eclipse?

Anyone actually using the MCU yet?

7 Replies
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello dethSwatch,

When does this happen? I mean, it sounds like it happens to you constantly, have you noticed any pattern? Is there something specific that you were doing when it appeared? Or did it randomly appear?

Also, could you please let us know which steps you took before the error started to appear? Were you able to upload other scripts before this happened?

Peter.

bweve
New Contributor I

>When does this happen?

I build, then 'download'. Once that's done and the reboot is done, when the system is back online, pinging it at the command line continuously, then ssh into it and run the MCU scripts to set all digital lines to output.

After I select Connect from the menu- maybe 45 seconds or so later. It first QUICKLY gets to 14%, then 27%, then pauses for the rest of the time and gives me that error.

Which script is it actually trying to run?

I got it to work once in 2 hours when I really cut back the code I was using to basically just send_host a static string in a loop.

Immediately after that happened, I went back to the main body of code and it did the same thing. Can it be related to code? What's that error actually indicate?

This is on osx. Rebooting, swapping usb ports, etc, didn't seem to make any difference.

What do you recommend I try?

bweve
New Contributor I

oh- fwiw, when I could connect on the stripped-down code, I could:

cat /dev/ttymcu0

and get everything I was expecting-- when I couldn't connect, I got nothing from that command.

I have no idea if they're related, since I didn't start trying to use that device until I started getting the Connect error.

Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

I've been running some tests, let me see if I can replicate this issue, I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter.

Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Could you let us know the OSX version you are currently using? Also, it may be of much help if you could provide us your code to see if the issue is related to it and we would appreciate any other information you can provide us that might help us track down the root of the issue, like for example the Yocto version you are currently running on your Edison or if it was custom made by you.

Peter.

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi dethSwatch,

Do you have updates on this? Have you been able to work with your project without having the error message?

If you still have problems with this, we would like to test your code and check the OS you are using.

Regards,

Charlie

KHage
Beginner

This is for the benefit of others searching on this error message. My code was working fine and then this seemed to "suddenly" start happening and depending what part of code I commented out, the problem would go away. Finally, I realized something very simple -- the problem arose when I had a while loop with debug_print but no mcu_sleep function and so I expect there was not sufficient time to write to the console. I made sure to include an mcu_sleep(300) for 3 seconds and then my debugging was fine.