cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ABans1
New Contributor I

MCU writing data to a file while host sleeps

Hello,

Currently I am using host CPU to get data from several I2C sensors at about 25Hz rate and writing to a file. Each sample size is 50 bytes long. I am using Edison on a mini breakout board.

To save power consumption, I am thinking of using MCU to get data from the sensors and write to the file while the host sleeps. Is it possible for MCU to write directly to the file system in eMMC? I couldn't find correct API calls to handle files in MCU.

Thank you for the help,

- Aditya

4 Replies
Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Take a look at https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/557355# Auxiliary_API MCU API | Intel® Developer Zone . Here you'll find some functions of the MCU API.

You can also take a look at the directory C:\...\edison-mcusdk-win64-1.0.10\docs\api_doc\html\mcu__api_8h . Here you'll find a detailed description of of the Edison MCU API.

Sergio

ABans1
New Contributor I

Thanks Sergio (@Intel_Alvarado) for the response.

I have looked at MCU API, but couldn't find anything related to flash operation. In my case, I want to save raw data at about 1.5KB/s into a file. Is it possible to write to a file in the flash while the host CPU sleeps? The MCU subsystem picture shows "shared memory" between the MCU and the host CPU. But couldn't find anything related to MCU writing to eMMC.

Cheers,

- Aditya

Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The MCU API does not have function to write to a file on eMMC, it is not supported. The MCU can only communicate through shared memory with the host; and the host system has access to eMMC.

Sergio

ABans1
New Contributor I

Thanks @Intel_Alvorado