Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CPrin
Novice

MRAA based examples no longer compile in ISSIoT after update

Since the I installed the last update to mraa, example in ISSIoT no longer compile. How to I update ISSIoT as well.

I ran the opkg update / upgrade on my arduino breakout. There was an mraa library update. (1.5.x to 1.6.1). I update the dependencies in the Java versions of my project, everything compiles and runs. Except when I try to rebuild the C/C++ parts in ISSIoT. I notice anything using MRAA will no longer compile. Even the stock examples.

i.e.

../src/blink.cpp:46:8: error: 'INTEL_GT_TUCHUCK' is not a member of 'mraa'

or in some customer code

../src/main.c:9: undefined reference to `mraa_gpio_init'

../src/main.c:10: undefined reference to `mraa_gpio_use_mmaped'

../src/main.c:11: undefined reference to `mraa_gpio_dir'

../src/main.c:12: undefined reference to `mraa_gpio_write'

../src/main.c:14: undefined reference to `mraa_gpio_dir'

I've run the usual Eclipse updates, and the "Packages update..." but no package updates where found.

How do I get ISSIoT back up-to-date?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello radix_zero,

Thank you for interest in the Intel® Edison Breakout Board.

I understand you are experiencing an updating and synchronization issue of the MRAA library.

Please answer the following questions:

• Is your UPM library up to date?

• Could you please tell me which OS you are using?

Please follow this guide https://software.intel.com/node/705853 and tell me if that solves the issue, and let me know if you receive any error message (especially during the "Updating the packages on your host system" section).

Also, check the following thread https://communities.intel.com/message/437635# 437635 https://communities.intel.com/message/437635# 437635, community member GDriscoll suggest a method to synchronize the packages.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Andres V.
CPrin
Novice

This is on Windows 10. As performing the updates again following instructions in the link you provided have no effect. It still says that packages are up-to-date. (Is there a separate updated method in ISSIoT for the UPM library?)

idata
Community Manager

Hello radix_zero,

Thank you for providing the information requested.

The MRAA and UPM should be updated simultaneously through the Intel® IoT > Packages Update for Selected Project option.

You mentioned that the issue appeared after you updated your MRAA library, what is your current ISS version? Are you sure you are using the latest Intel System Studio IoT edition ( https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/tools-ide/ide/iss-iot-edition)? Could you please reinstall it? My question is based around the fact that when trying to reproduce the issue, I didn't enable anything to successfully run the C/C++ examples after installing the ISS.

Regards,

Andres V.
CPrin
Novice

The installed version of ISSIoT is

Intel® IoT System Studio IoT Edition4.0.0.201608120829product

null

I will uninstall and reinstall from the link you provided.

idata
Community Manager

Hello radix_zero,

Thanks for the information provided.

As soon as you have news regarding the reinstallation of ISS, please post them here.

Regards,

Andres V.
CPrin
Novice

Reinstall of ISSIoT had no effect on the issue. Still getting the same errors.

idata
Community Manager

Hello radix_zero,

Thank you for sharing the results of the suggestion provided.

Since the reinstallation process didn't solve the issue, I'll be needing more time to find information that you may find useful, as soon as have something relevant, I'll post it here.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Andres V.
idata
Community Manager

Hello radix_zero,

I just wanted to inform you that I tried to reproduce the issue you are experiencing but the basic C/C++ examples work fine for me, I didn't enabled anything to get access to the C/C++ examples.

I'll be needing more time to investigate what may be causing the issue.

If I find information that you may find useful, I'll post it here.

Regards,

Andres V.
aedwa2
New Contributor III

Try this:

cd /usr/lib

ln -s libmraa.so.1 libmraa.so.0

Issue from a ssh connection. I put it in my setup script that runs after the new software is installed.

Here is a link https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/mraa/issues/502 After upgrading to mraa 1.0 node fails to locate libmraa.so.0 · Issue # 502 · intel-iot-devkit/mraa · GitHub

Worked for me.

CPrin
Novice

In order to compile, i didn't previously have to be connected to a particular Edison. Is this the case now?

idata
Community Manager

Hello radix_zero,

Yes, I had my board connected when compiling and running the tests. Please give that a try, and also check the suggestion kindly provided by allene.

Regards,

Andres V.
CPrin
Novice

That doesn't seem to make a difference on the compile.

idata
Community Manager

Hello radix_zero,

Could you please try to connect the Edison through SSH and then try to compile the code?

Regards,

Andres V.
CPrin
Novice

Connecting to the Edison through SSH (in ISSIoT) has no impact on the compile problem.

idata
Community Manager

Hello radix_zero,

Thank you for sharing the results of the suggestion provided.

I'll keep on investigating what may be causing the issue.

If I find information that you may find useful, I'll post it here.

Regards,

Andres V.
idata
Community Manager

Hello radix_zero,

Sorry for the late reply.

I would like to inform you that the C and C++ examples have been modified to fix the issue you experienced. The correct MRAA commands can be found here: https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/iot-devkit-samples/pull/28/files.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Andres V.
CPrin
Novice

Thanks I'll download it and give it a try.