Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WCill
New Contributor I

Major problems with Intel® Edison Board Firmware Software Release 3.5

Hi, I decided to power on and update my Edison after it sitting on the shelf idle for quite some time, however when I update to this firmware release, the wifi device *is non existent*, and the new graphical configuration tool fails to detect the edison at all, the usb gadget driver doesn't work. I can log in via the serial interface and everything else appears to be working fine. My conclusion is that this firmware release has a broken kernel configuration. Can anyone confirm this? Or suggest what the problem might be? Did Intel change the Edison hardware recently?

Reflashing my own self-built yocto image from a year ago restores all functionality. Reflashing this release again break it again. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Wes

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WCill
New Contributor I

In the meantime I'll try flashing older releases to determine at which point this functionality breaks

WCill
New Contributor I

Ok this seems a little odd. I flashed iot-devkit-prof-dev-image-edison-20160606 once more, wifi etc still quite broken and non-existant (according to ifconfig -a). flashed iot-devkit-prof-dev-image-edison-20160315 and everything worked. flashed iot-devkit-prof-dev-image-edison-20160606 *yet again* and everything works now. Is there perhaps some component in iot-devkit-prof-dev-image-edison-20160315 that iot-devkit-prof-dev-image-edison-20160606 is lacking and assumes to be already present?

idata
Community Manager

Hello anomaly256,

That is a very odd behavior, I have not seen that behavior with my Edison. Perhaps it was related to the flashing method you were using, in case this happens again I'd suggest you to try the flashall method (https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-25154 https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-25154).

Nevertheless, I'm glad to hear that your Edison is now behaving normally.

-Peter.