cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Mavenized MRAA and UPM Java Libraries

Hello,

I'm looking for a Maven repo where I can find the MRAA and UPM Java libraries to add in my project. In case they don't exist, is there any blocker to publish them?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hi rimolive,

I believe there are no officials Maven repositories where you can find mraa and upm. You can check the following github, in case you haven't before, where a user provides a Java library for accessing GPIO ports on Intel Edison and uses Maven to build the library, however, he explains that his version is only a design study, https://github.com/codingandmore/mraa4j https://github.com/codingandmore/mraa4j.

I'm not sure what do you mean when you say if there's any blocker to publish them. Do you mean if it's possible for a user outside of Intel to publish them? Could you please explain this in more detail?

Regards,

Pablo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Correct, PabloM_Intel

If I publish the libraries in a public Maven repo will this cause any legal issues?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Basically, I'm looking for a way to add MRAA and UPM in my mavenized project because I can't simply manage these libraries manually.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

@PabloM_intel, what mraa4j basically does is take the mraa code and compile/assemble the jar, so no dependencies from MRAA because it is MRAA code anyway.

It seems that the only way to do that is copy and paste the code and assemble the jar by myself, but I'm still concerned with Legal issues that might bring this action.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi rimolive,

Let us investigate this, we'll get back to you as soon as we have a more appropriate answer. We don't want to provide a haphazard reply to your question, so we appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Pablo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi rimolive,

Thank you for your patience, we already have an answer to your question. Feel free to publish the MRAA and UPM libraries in the Maven repository, these libraries are distributed under the MIT license, which means that you can do anything you want with the code.

Regards,

Pablo

0 Kudos