Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor I

Media Audio Port: ASoC: no backend DAIs enabled for Media Audio Port

Hi,

I'm using intel edison arduino expansion board, I flashed the image and it worked for few months.After few months, when I'm rebooting the issue here what I'm getting in the logs is Media Audio Port: ASoC: no backend DAIs enabled for Media Audio Port continuously.I have gone through the links of your support team

The links says to flash the image,but previously the same image has worked for me. I want to know where exactly the problem could be ,because suddenly there is an issue in the ports.Can I resolve this issue without flashing the image? Can I resolve the issue only at the port without flashing with the new image.

The output for cat /etc/version is 20160915192243

I'm attaching the screenshots of the error and the output of /usr/sbin .

Please do needful.Please say me the way ,without flashing how can I solve this problem?

Thanks,

Radhika

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Manager

Hi Radhika,

Thanks for reaching out.

How are you powering your Edison board? Did you get the same error message if you power the Edison using a 12vDC @ 1.5 mA power supply? Is there any reason why you don't want to flash your Edison?

I'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
New Contributor I

Hi Yermi,

We are powering the edison through Vin = 12V directly.

Is there any reason why you don't want to flash your Edison? -- Yes,we installed lot of software and it takes soo much time to reinstall.

Thanks,

Radhika.

0 Kudos
Community Manager

Hi,

Could you please try powering the board using a wall power adapter (J1)? It is in order to discard a power issue. Additionally, you can also try to backup your Edison image and then restore it on your Edison (or another Edison to confirm if it works), in order to do it, please refer to the following thread: /message/473610# 473610 cloning intel edison root fs and settings.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
New Contributor I

Thanks for the reply Yermi,

Can I know if only the power issue is the reason for this problem?Or it can be any other reason?

Thanks,

Radhika.

0 Kudos
Community Manager

The power supply suggestion was only to discard any issue related to the power source, but it may not be the root cause of the issue. The best recommendation is to re-flash the Edison module with the latest image so it can be recovered from its current state. I understand that this is not the desired method since you have installed some packages that will take some time to be re-installed, but unfortunately reflashing the Edison is the only method available to try to recover the module.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos