Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Merge IoT Dev Kit onto existing Eclipse Installation?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am new to using the Intel Edison board and came across Intel's IoT version of Eclipse and was wondering if it would be possible to simply install the additional functionality of the IoT Dev Kit ontop of an existing Eclipse installation?

With one of the newest releases Eclipse has been provided as a full installer rather than running it from the extracted folders and this option seems much cleaner to me so I would like to maintain this same installation yet have the functionality of interfacing with the Intel Edison board as you can using the IoT Dev Kit edition of Eclipse.

Any help anyone can provide in walking me through the steps of migrating the plugins or anything from the Dev Kit files to my main installation would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: I am currently running Eclipse Mars 4.5.1 C/C++

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee

Hello Nezgibs,

I believe this question has already been asked in . Why don't you check that thread, it might be of help for you.

Peter.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hello Nezgibs,

I believe this question has already been asked in . Why don't you check that thread, it might be of help for you.

Peter.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your response! This definitely seems like it's on the right track of what i'm looking to do.

I guess to elaborate on my original question:

Which folders included in the IoT Dev Kit extracted files are the key files that give the Intel IoT Edition of Eclipse the added functionality and which ones are simply the basic Eclipse resource files? Should I just be looking to merge everything except for the folder named "eclipse-win" or are there Intel specific resources like plugins that exist in the "eclipse-win" folder as well?

I'll edit my original post to include this information which I should have included previously but i'm currently using Eclipse Mars 4.5.1 C/C++.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

I found that in http://www.intel.com/support/edison/sb/CS-035382.htm Intel® Edison Native Applications Guide, specifically in section 3 it is explained how to set up the Yocto plugin on Eclipse, why don't you check out this document? Let us know if it helps.

Peter.

0 Kudos