cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HSilv3
Beginner

Most recent BIOS 1J2 no boot

Jump to solution

I have a intel joule 570x which is running ubuntu 16.04. The current BIOS version is 193, and it works normaly, when I updated the BIOS to 1J2 it wouldn't boot again.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

hmos fnoop

Try to flash the 1J2 bios with the '-clear' parameter. On windows I used the following command:

Flash.bat -clear Joule_C0-X64-Release-1J2-Public_DNX.bin

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

9 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi hmos,

I was looking at the Joule user guide for Ubuntu here: https://developer.ubuntu.com/core/get-started/intel-joule https://developer.ubuntu.com/core/get-started/intel-joule . One of the requirements needed to boot this image include a specific BIOS version. For Ubuntu 16.04, the board needs to have its BIOS updated to version # 193. So, I believe that what you're experiencing is normal since you're using a different BIOS version.

I'd suggest you to use the BIOS version recommended in the guide.

Let us know if this information was useful.

Regards,

-Sergio A

FDogg
New Contributor II

@hmos After you have upgraded to firmware 1J2, do you get any output from the hdmi, or LED activity on the joule module? I get the odd blue flash but no output from hdmi even on the POST screen, for me the firmware 1J2 doesn't work. Not a surprise as previous firmware updates have also 'bricked' the joule requiring a downgrade to previous versions.

@Sergio No - this is incorrect information.

HSilv3
Beginner

Yes that is what happened to me.

Also, I flashed a device which had no OS, rather than the factory one, and the same behavior as the previous.

idata
Community Manager

Hi all,

I was wondering if you were able to flash the BIOS with the command Jesus shared.

Let us know if you still need help on this.

Regards,

Diego V.
BBria2
Novice

Hello Diego,

I'm chiming in to let you know that upgrading the bios using the method Jesus described worked for me.

Regards,

Brian McKenzie

idata
Community Manager

Hi Brian,

That's great! Thank you for confirming that the method above worked for you.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
HSilv3
Beginner

This didn't work for me.

JesusE_Intel

Hi hmos,

Can you please provide the output of the command line when flashing the Joule module with the command provided in my previous response? Also, If you connect a micro-usb cable to the micro-usb port on the Joule expansion board and open a putty session while you apply power to the board do you see an output? After the bios update, it might take some time to boot up.

Regards,

Jesus

JesusE_Intel

hmos fnoop

Try to flash the 1J2 bios with the '-clear' parameter. On windows I used the following command:

Flash.bat -clear Joule_C0-X64-Release-1J2-Public_DNX.bin

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post