Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Mouse not scrolling in parts of Windows 10 on STK1AW32SC,Remote Keyboard Issues, Drivers.

I have been using the 1st gen Compute Stick (STCK1A32WFC) for several months now and I LOVE IT! It works perfectly (as well as I expect something of it's spec to anyway) as a media player/strearmer for my TV. It works so well that I was really on the fence when I wanted to buy a second one...try to get same one or get the 2016 version? I did just wind up getting the 2nd gen model (STK1AW32SC) and have encountered a number of issues that I am trying to grind through.

The main issue is mouse wheel scrolling - will work fine for a few seconds when first go to use it (in whatever window) but then won't work anymore in certain areas:

- won't scroll in 'All Programs' in the start screen

- won't scroll in Edge

- does scroll in Windows Explorer/Folder windows

- does scroll in IE 11

- does scroll in 3rd party programs

What gives?

For the Intel Remote Keyboard app...it is very laggy, especially within brower and apps.

Drives: Getting conflicting info from Intel Driver Update Utility - it tells me that some drives aren't up to date (shows the older version and the latest but when I go to install (or check driver properties) they indicate I do have the correct/latest driver.

Another driver in list shows Current Driver with a higher # then the 'lastest driver' with a lower number???

Another item, the 'System on a Chip' (SOC) shows as downloaded but not installed but I have installed it.

Ideas..suggestions..appreciated please.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello, sonicvision:

I would like to confirm some information in regard to your system, please provide me with the following:

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

Hello, sonicvision:

I would like to find out if you were able to gather up the information requested above.

Additionally, if the problem persisted or you found a solution, please let us know.

We'll gladly further assist you if required.

Regards,

Esteban C
idata
Community Manager

Hello Amy and Esteban,

Sorry, I only saw Amy's post after getting notification of your's Esteban.

My Intel Remote Keyboard app is version 1.90 which I believe to be the latest.

I run the System Support Utility but don't see way to attach it here.

I also ran the Driver Update Utility but, as in my original post, it's still acting strangely... it updated TXEI and HD Graphics drivers to latest but for Bluetooth it doesn't offer to download latest which it shows as older version (shows installed being v19.0.1622 but shows latest as 18.16.1.

For the Wireless Technology driver it does offer to download 18.40.0 but every time I try to install it shows as 18.32.0!

The remote keyboard issues perist within Kodi (laggy within apps within Kodi). Also predictive text on keubdoesnt enter same within Kodi or browsers (Edge , Chrome). Letters will be missing or wrong. Have to type everything manually. No issues with wired keyboard or mouse.

Latest issue is I now have a Seagate Backup Plus hard drive with USB 3.0 and first time I connected it it worked fine I disconnected it then later reconnect and it eno longer shows up and gives USB errors in Device Management and freezes up wired mouse and keyboard. If I connect sw drive to the USB 2.0 port it it shows up fine and wired keyboard and mouse still work fine in the UAsB3.0 port (though they are much older devices). I really would line to get this drive working in the USB3.0 port. The same drive and cable work fine on another computer but that computer doesn't have 3.0 port and I don't have another computer with 3.0 port to test.

I appreciate any help you may have for these issues.

Thank you.

Graham Caverhill

idata
Community Manager

I apologize for any inconvenience.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box. Let me review that report and we can start working on this.

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Amy ,

Log, as well as photo of download page with confusing version info , attached.

Thank you.

idata
Community Manager

Thank you for the report.

I have the same Intel® Compute Stick model, so it gave it a try but everything worked fine. I am running Windows® 10 and Intel® Remote Keyboard Host App version 1.9.

In regard to the USB 3.0 issue, you could try updating the driver which is done trough Windows Updates, so please run the Windows Updates and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

Amy,

I have tried updating USB driver but keep getting 'you already have latest'. If this can't be resolved it may require warranty service/replacement. You also didn't address the othter driver update issues I mentioned (I also ran the Driver Update Utility but, as in my original post, it's still acting strangely... it updated TXEI and HD Graphics drivers to latest but for Bluetooth it doesn't offer to download latest which it shows as older version (shows installed being v19.0.1622 but shows latest as 18.16.1. For the Wireless Technology driver it does offer to download 18.40.0 but every time I try to install it shows as 18.32.0!)

idata
Community Manager

The issue you pointed out with the Intel® Driver Update Utility is under investigation, an upcoming version will show some improvement. We are working on additional fixes, which we hope to have ready soon. My recommendation is to manually download the driver from out https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/91065/Intel-Compute-Stick-STK1AW32SC Downloads for Intel® Compute Stick STK1AW32SC.

I have downloaded and installed the Wireless driver, but the version does change in Device Manager.

Regards,

Amy.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Graham,

Until they fix IDUU, I suggest that you go to the downloads page for your ICS and manually download and install the latest drivers. Amy provided a link to this page above...

...S

idata
Community Manager

Thank you Amy and Scott. I believe i have done that and perhaps, as Amy indicated, it may not show up correctly. I will busy for next few days but will check it out/retry in few days.

I look forward to any updates that may resolve some of these issues.

Thanks.

idata
Community Manager

Alright, keep me posted.

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

sonicvision,

Were you able to install the drivers?

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Amy,

Sorry for slow reply. NO, I was not able to install drivers. I am hoping to check all this out again tonight. I haven't had chance to use stick for awhile but my recollection was getting some message saying no drivers could be found, or couldn't be found on system.

Graham

idata
Community Manager

Graham,

Let me know how it goes, I will keep an eye on your thread.

Regards,

Amy.