Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjeff2
Novice

Multiple libraries were found on ethernet.h

Hi ! i'm having a compiling error when i use the example webclient on ethernet library . can someone help me ?

5 Replies
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello ades,

What example are you trying to compile exactly? There are two Ethernet libraries: EthernetShield and Ethernet, and both of them have a WebClient example. Additionally, did you make sure to select the correct Galileo board, and the COM port?

Could you post the error message so we can check it?

Regards,

Diego.

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi ades

Have you been able to work with the webclient example you are using?

Could you post the error you are having?

Regards,

Charlie

IFox2
Beginner

I'm having the same issue with the Ethernet>webserver example

Its a Galileo Gen 1 board

this is my error

Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino i586 Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.

Board Intel:i586:izmir_fd doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: I586_IZMIR_FD

Board Intel:i586:izmir_fg doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: I586_IZMIR_FG

WARNING: Category '' in library DallasTemperature is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library EEPROM is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library Ethernet is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library EthernetShield is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library OneWire is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library SD is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library SPI is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library Servo is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library TimerOne is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library USBHost is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library WiFi is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\Ethernet.cpp:1:0:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\utility/w5100.h: In static member function 'static void W5100Class::initSS()':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\utility/w5100.h:349:25: error: 'PinDescription' has no member named 'pPort'

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\utility/w5100.h:349:65: error: 'portModeRegister' was not declared in this scope

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\utility/w5100.h:349:70: error: 'PinDescription' has no member named 'ulPin'

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\utility/w5100.h: In static member function 'static void W5100Class::setSS()':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\utility/w5100.h:352:8: error: 'PinDescription' has no member named 'pPort'

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\utility/w5100.h:352:73: error: 'PinDescription' has no member named 'ulPin'

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\utility/w5100.h: In static member function 'static void W5100Class::resetSS()':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\utility/w5100.h:355:8: error: 'PinDescription' has no member named 'pPort'

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\utility/w5100.h:355:72: error: 'PinDescription' has no member named 'ulPin'

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\Ethernet.cpp: In member function 'int EthernetClass::begin(uint8_t*, long unsigned int, long unsigned int)':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\Ethernet.cpp:19:7: error: 'class SPIClass' has no member named 'beginTransaction'

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\Ethernet.cpp:19:24: error: 'SPISettings' was not declared in this scope

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\Ethernet.cpp:22:7: error: 'class SPIClass' has no member named 'endTransaction'

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\Ethernet.cpp:30:9: error: 'class SPIClass' has no member named 'beginTransaction'

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\Ethernet.cpp:34:9: error: 'class SPIClass' has no member named 'endTransaction'

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\Ethernet.cpp: In member function 'void EthernetClass::begin(uint8_t*, IPAddress)':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\Ethernet.cpp:46:19: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\Ethernet.cpp: In member function 'void EthernetClass::begin(uint8_t*, IPAddress, IPAddress)':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\Ethernet.cpp:55:16: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\Ethernet.cpp: In member function 'void EthernetClass::begin(uint8_t*, IPAddress, IPAddress, IPAddress, IPAddress)':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\Ethernet.cpp:68:7: error: 'class SPIClass' has no member named 'beginTransaction'

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\Ethernet.cpp:68:24: error: 'SPISettings' was not declared in this scope

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\Ethernet.cpp:73:7: error: 'class SPIClass' has no member named 'endTransaction'

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\Ethernet.cpp: In member function 'int EthernetClass::maintain()':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\Ethernet.cpp:89:13: error: 'class SPIClass' has no member named 'beginTransaction'

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\Ethernet.cpp:89:30: error: 'SPISettings' was not declared in this scope

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\Ethernet.cpp:93:13: error: 'class SPIClass' has no member named 'endTransaction'

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\Ethernet.cpp: In member function 'IPAddress EthernetClass::localIP()':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\Ethernet.cpp:107:7: error: 'class SPIClass' has no member named 'beginTransaction'

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src\Ethernet.cpp:10...

Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello Ifox,

I recommend you to use the Arduino IDE 1.6.0 version. It is more stable to work with Galileo. You can download it from the following link: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/24783/eng/IntelArduino-1.6.0-Windows.7z http://downloadmirror.intel.com/24783/eng/IntelArduino-1.6.0-Windows.7z

Try the WebServer example using the 1.6.0 version and report back if you are still having the same issue.

Regards,

Diego.

mjeff2
Novice

Hi ! i have solved my problem ! i use Arduino IDE 1.6.4 . then the errors were gone thank you all !