cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uNimb
Beginner

Muxing of pin on intel joule board

hello ,

i wnat to know that, where i can see muxing of pins for intel joule board 570x,for ostro-os-xt and where is it located in kernel source code?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Umesh@pro3,

Thank you for contacting us.

Let us investigate more about it, and I'll let you know when we have updates.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Leonardo R.
idata
Community Manager

Hi Umesh@pro3,

We need more information about your issue, so can you tell us exactly the objective that you are trying to accomplish? Please feel free to post any detail that you consider helpful. We need this information to help you in a better way.

We will be waiting for your answer.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Leonardo R.
idata
Community Manager

Hi Umesh@pro3,

We are following up on your case regarding the pin muxing. In our last interaction we requested you details about your project. Could you please provide us this information?

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Leonardo R.
uNimb
Beginner

i want to write a led driver code ,im not using on board leds and thats why i want to know that, which pins i have to mux for leds , to know that i have to know where the pin muxing file is located in kernel source code for joule module in yacto project and what will be effect on other pins if i change pin muxing configuration ,i had saw but im unable to find .dtsi file for intel joule.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Umesh@pro3,

Thank you for letting us know.

I think that you don't need the pin muxing file, have you tried to use a pin as a GPIO? It could be much easier if you use MRAA to accomplish this, take a look at this link: https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/mraa/blob/master/docs/joule.md, you can check the Pin Mapping there, and use pins as GPIOs.

I hope you find this useful.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Leonardo R.
uNimb
Beginner

i don't want to write an application i want to write a driver code for it

idata
Community Manager

Hi Umesh@pro3,

Let us investigate more about this. I will contact you soon.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Leonardo R.
idata
Community Manager

Hi Umesh@pro3,

You can use any pin shown in the MRAA documentation that I gave you before as GPIO to light up the LED, but the pins produce 1.8V only, so a compatible LED should be used. You can also use the pin as GND, but if you do this then ON will be inverted to OFF.

We also have a patch that can be helpful for you, it is attached to this reply, but you have to consider that the latest supported OS is the Reference Operating System for IoT, and you can download it from here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/hardware/joule/downloads https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/hardware/joule/downloads.

If you want to use interrupts from the GPIO pins you can only use the pins in the connector J12: 23, 25, and 27.

I hope you find this useful.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Leonardo R.