Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

My ICS turned black. No way to get into BIOS or recovery. RMA?

I had my ICS running for a few days now without any hassle. Suddenly the stick won't boot anymore. No bootscreen appears at all. All keypresses to get into BIOS or recovery just show a black screen. Device is properly powered and the blue LED is turned on. The fan is working.

Maybe someone else is experiencing this behaviour? Is there a known fix this or a hard-reset option?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Update: my ICS suddenly turned back to life. after waiting a few hours, keeping it unpowered, the stick somehow forgot it's last settings. now it's booting up again and i have the ability to access the BIOS and all recovery options. Maybe someone else is experiencing this too?

Last action was the change from a 32bit bootloader, to a 64bit fashioned one and the according setting in BIOS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

ok, so this issue is definitely fixed by installing the newest 0030 BIOS. before I was on 0018 BIOS. tried multiple monitors and TVs since the update and the issue is now gone. before, 2 of 5 display units i've tried remained black on powering on the device. maybe this is useful to someone facing the same issues with his ICS.

0 Kudos