Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Need help Cross Platform Development for Intel Edison using CMake and Qt Creator

Jump to solution

I have tried http://www.samontab.com/web/2015/02/cross-platform-development-for-intel-edison-using-cmake-and-qt-c... http://www.samontab.com/web/2015/02/cross-platform-development-for-intel-edison-using-cmake-and-qt-c...… cross platform development for intel edison using cmake and qt creator.

I have tried with given sample code(Edison cross compile). Here is my command-line and error.

(General Message):

Running "C:\Program Files\CMake\bin\cmake.exe "C:/Users/deb/Desktop/edisonSDK (1)/edisonSDK" "-GCodeBlocks - NMake Makefiles" "-DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER:STRING=" "-DCMAKE_C_COMPILER:STRING=" "-DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH:STRING=C:/Qt/Qt5.8.0/5.8/msvc2015_64" "-DQT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE:STRING=C:/Qt/Qt5.8.0/5.8/msvc2015_64/bin/qmake.exe"" in C:\Users\deb\Desktop\edisonSDK (1)\build-edisonSDK-Desktop_Qt_5_8_0_MSVC2015_64bit-Default.

-- The C compiler identification is GNU 4.9.1

-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 4.9.1

-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Edison/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-mingw32/usr/bin/i586-poky-linux/i586-poky-linux-gcc.exe

-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Edison/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-mingw32/usr/bin/i586-poky-linux/i586-poky-linux-gcc.exe -- broken

CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.8/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:51 (message):

The C compiler

"C:/Edison/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-mingw32/usr/bin/i586-poky-linux/i586-poky-linux-gcc.exe"

is not able to compile a simple test program.

It fails with the following output:

Change Dir: C:/Users/deb/Desktop/edisonSDK (1)/build-edisonSDK-Desktop_Qt_5_8_0_MSVC2015_64bit-Default/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build

Command:"C:/PROGRA~2/MINGW-~1/I686-4~1.2-P/mingw32/bin/mingw32-make.exe"

"/NOLOGO" "cmTC_48597\fast"

makefile:38: *** missing separator. Stop.

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.

Call Stack (most recent call first):

CMakeLists.txt:5 (PROJECT)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

See also "C:/Users/deb/Desktop/edisonSDK (1)/build-edisonSDK-Desktop_Qt_5_8_0_MSVC2015_64bit-Default/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

See also "C:/Users/deb/Desktop/edisonSDK (1)/build-edisonSDK-Desktop_Qt_5_8_0_MSVC2015_64bit-Default/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

You have changed variables that require your cache to be deleted.

Configure will be re-run and you may have to reset some variables.

The following variables have changed:

CMAKE_C_COMPILER=

CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=

CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may not be built correctly.

Missing variable is:

CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM

-- Generating done

CMake Warning:

Manually-specified variables were not used by the project:

QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE

-- Build files have been written to: C:/Users/deb/Desktop/edisonSDK (1)/build-edisonSDK-Desktop_Qt_5_8_0_MSVC2015_64bit-Default

*** cmake process exited with exit code 1.

Kindly help to solve this issue.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello JerwinPrabu,

Thanks for reaching out!

I checked the guide you shared above and I noticed that is it very old and out of date. The Yocto version used on that guide is 1.6.1 when the current image uses 1.7.3, and if you are using the current cross-compile SDK those instructions most certainly won't work.

Most guides regarding this topic are out of date, so, my best suggestion is that you try using Yocto's official documentation. In Yocto's Mega Manual ( http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.7.3/mega-manual/mega-manual.html), you can see how to set up the cross compiler toolchain. I recommend you to go to section 2.1, in there it is explained the Cross-Development Toolchain, and section 4.2.2, there it is explained how to set up Eclipse and the cross-compiler toolchain, perhaps the information in these sections will be of help for you.

Let us know.

Pedro M.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello JerwinPrabu,

Thanks for reaching out!

I checked the guide you shared above and I noticed that is it very old and out of date. The Yocto version used on that guide is 1.6.1 when the current image uses 1.7.3, and if you are using the current cross-compile SDK those instructions most certainly won't work.

Most guides regarding this topic are out of date, so, my best suggestion is that you try using Yocto's official documentation. In Yocto's Mega Manual ( http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.7.3/mega-manual/mega-manual.html), you can see how to set up the cross compiler toolchain. I recommend you to go to section 2.1, in there it is explained the Cross-Development Toolchain, and section 4.2.2, there it is explained how to set up Eclipse and the cross-compiler toolchain, perhaps the information in these sections will be of help for you.

Let us know.

Pedro M.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hello Pedro M.,

Thanks for your response.

I have followed same procedure and Cross compilation working fine with Edison...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi JerwinPrabu,

I'm glad to hear that!

If you ever have any doubts or questions, please don't hesitate to come back to the community, we'll do our best to help you.

Pedro M.
0 Kudos