cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Need help to get EMMC support for image bootup

Hi,

I am working on Intel Galileo Gen 2 board and now planning to create custom board based on Intel Quark x1000 SoC.

Right Now, I am running my firmware from SD Card over SDIO interface into Intel Galileo Gen 2 board. But, I am planning to use eMMC Interface to boot firmware from my custom board.

Does anyone has idea or information from hardware and software configurations require to boot firmware from eMMC instead of SD Card?

Please provide me documents or let me know possible information for that as quickly as possible.

Regards,

Ritesh Prajapati

6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Ritesh,

I am afraid this specific feature that you are looking to implement is not supported, as shown in the following picture

Regards

-Sergio

idata
Community Manager

Hi Sergio,

As I have looked in August 2015, Intel Quark x1000 SoC Datasheet and I have found that Boot OS from SD/eMMC support is Yes but with some following notes. Also, I am booting Linux Kernel Image and full file system image from SD card into Intel Galileo Gne 2 board.

Note:

1. Must pair together with SPI chip.

2. Refer to the Intel® X1000 – Board Support Package (BSP) UEFI EMMC Patch on eMMC enabling for software

portion.

Would you please confirm above things and let me know what are changes required to boot OS from eMMC instead of SD card in software as well as hardware perspective?

Regards,

Ritesh Prajapati

idata
Community Manager

Hi Ritesh,

Yes, it seems I was looking at an older version. In this case it seems that booting from eMMC is in fact supported. Go ahead and follow the suggestions from the note. According to the note you must look at the Quark BSP https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23197/Intel-Quark-SoC-X1000-Board-Support-Package-BSP- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23197/Intel-Quark-SoC-X1000-Board-Support-Package-BSP- . There's information related to booting from the eMMC mainly in sections 6 and 12.

Go through the steps and configuration recommended in the guide and let us know your

results.

-Sergio

idata
Community Manager

Hi Ritesh,

Do you still need assistance with this thread? Did you look at the sections we recommended?

-Sergio

idata
Community Manager

Hi Sergio,

Sorry for late reply.

Right now, We have planned to use SD Card instead of eMMC due to above constraints. But, still SD card is not finalized yet. I will let you know in later if need any help regarding eMMC support for Intel Quark x1000 SoC in future.

Regards,

Ritesh Prajapati

idata
Community Manager

Hi Ritesh,

Keep us updated on your progress.

-Sergio