cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Need to change enp0s20f6 to eth0 interface name in Intel galileo gen board

Hi,

I am working on Yocto Linux Build System and also taken some reference of meta-clanton 1.1.0 for our custom board development which is based on Intel Quark x1000 SoC.

I have enabled systemd and connman services and seen that name of Ethernet interface is like "enp0s20f6" instead of standard eth0 and same for wireless interface network name. I have searched configuration file in connman but not found much details to change that interface from build system.

Does anyone has any idea or solution to change that interface name from Yocto Build System or Do I need to disable systemd service to get standard interface name?

Please let me know if anyone knows about that issue.

Note:- I have tried one test like I have disabled systemd service from my yocto configuration and got network configuration name like eth0 for Ethernet and wlan0 for WiFi Interface. So, it seems like name of both interface is changed after adding support of systemd services.

Regards,

Ritesh Prajapati

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi,

In the eglibc image I was able to change the network interface name with these commands

ifconfig enp0s20f6 down  ip link set enp0s20f6 name eth0 ifconfig eth0 up

Let us know if this works for you.

-Sergio

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Works.

Now it is not necessary to have specific "names" for different libc based libraries. I'll post an update on this in thread

specifically about a webserver as a specific case.

Thank you,

Fernando.

idata
Community Manager

Hi,

Thanks for providing steps to change network interface name and it worked..

But, it worked only at that time means if i restart board after changing interface name to eth0 then interface name is changed to previous original one which is enp0s20f6. So, I want to change that interface name from enp0s20f6 to eth0 permanently from Yocto Build configuration or bb files.

I can do it from my custom systemd services at board boot-time as well but that solution is not proper as i need to down network to change that interface name on every restart.

Please provide any appropriate or permanent solution to change that interface from image itself if you or anyone else has any solution for that.

Regards,

Ritesh Prajapati

idata
Community Manager

Hi,

I got one permanent solution to keep Ethernet Interface name as eth0 and Wireless Interface name as wlan0 which i found from another running thread.

ln -s /dev/null /etc/udev/rules.d/80-net-setup-link.rules

so, Anyone can configure above rule into custom Galileo build system to keep Ethernet and WiFi interfaces name as it it.

Regards,

Ritesh Prajapati

idata
Community Manager

Thank you for providing this solution. It'll definitively help other users in the community with similar issues.

-Sergio