cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TOng1
Novice

Need workable bluetooth driver, error code 10, STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

Jump to solution

My STK2M3W64CC having bluetooth issue. I believe it is related to the bluetooth driver.

I have the exact same issue as other member, you can refer to this

As sugguested by Angie from Intel Corporation to create a new thread after I have tried to complete the steps that were suggested on the above thread except RMA, I am still having issue.

i installed the latest chipset driver, bluetooth still not working, code 10.

I flashed the latest bios 0047, bluetooth still not working, code 10.

Used F7 to flash the same latest bios, bluetooth still not working, code 10.

Went into bios, reset bios setting, bluetooth still not working, codd 10.

How ever, after I have uninstalled the "Intel Wireless Bluetooth(R) from Control Panel-Programs and Features, restarted, Windows10 July Anniversary version installed 19.30.1648.920 (2/12/2016) version automatically, it was working well, but after restarted windows, bluetooth not working again, code 10.

Beside RMA, what else can I do or can Intel do ? I believe it is bluetooth driver issue. Can Intel get the same STK2M3W64 stick and try to install all the latest drivers from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/91980/Intel-Compute-Stick-STK2m3W64CC Downloads for Intel® Compute Stick STK2m3W64CC and see if bluetooth driver giving any code 10 issue ? I did check online, seems like quite a lot of users having the same bluetooth code 10, STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE issue.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ronny_G_Intel

Hello All,

Can you please latest BIOS version (0050) available here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26683/Compute-Stick-BIOS-Update-CCSKLm30-86A-?product=9198... Download BIOS Update [CCSKLm30.86A]

I have reasons to believe this addresses this issue.

Thanks,

Ronny G

View solution in original post

21 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello OngTH,

Thank you for the details provided.

In regard to your concern, I was able to see on your screenshots that the driver version you have is 19.30.1648.920, and our latest version signed by Intel® is 19.11.1639.

Please try to install the following driver and let me know if the issue persists:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26112/Intel-Bluetooth-Technology-Based-Driver-for-Intel-Co... Intel Bluetooth* Technology-Based Driver for Intel® Compute Stick STK2M3W64CC

Please let me know how it goes in order to further assist you if required.

Best regards,

Angie

TOng1
Novice

As requested, same issue code 10, please find the attached 2 screenshots.

With bluetooth version 19.30.1648.920, the bluetooth powered up without error, I have also tried to restart few times, no error BUT that's before I connected to any bluetooth device. After I have connected to my bluetooth mouse or Microsoft foldable bluetooth keyboard and restarted my compute stick, bluetooth having issue again with code 10.

As for version that's signed by intel 19.11.1639, just code 10.

Do you have compute stick with you to try it out ? I find it pretty funny when you said the bluetooth version 19.11.1639 was the latest version signed by Intel, as it the 19.30.1648.920 wasn't sign by Intel, and if you search for this bluetooth chipset model, Intel website does provide the bluetooth driver version newer than 19.11.1639.

RRebe2
Novice

I'm having the same problem, the only solution is to go to device manager and reinstall the driver again, then it works, but once I restart Windows it disappears again, please fix this Intel.

idata
Community Manager

I have the same problem. I did have the latest Bluetooth driver (19.11.1639) on BIOS 0045 which worked fine. Updated to 0047 and then Bluetooth only works temporarily after installing the driver. Reboot the Compute stick loses the driver completely and needs reinstallation.

My Microsoft keyboard and mouse are both Bluetooth and I need to plug in USB ones to login and reinstall; only for Groundhog Day after the reboot. I did try rolling back the driver to the previous Intel one (no good) or deinstall and default to the Microsoft one with Win10. But Windows 10 updates roll over it with the latest from Intel.

Any chance Intel can update either the BIOS or the Bluetooth driver, or both as necessary.

MHofs1
Beginner

I also had this. Bluetooth was working well until BIOS version 0047 was installed.

I reverted back to BIOS 0045 and problem is gone.

Definitely an issue with the BIOS.

TOng1
Novice

I am surprised to know that by reverted back to BIOS 0045 your problem is gone. I have this problem few BIOS version back, mine even 0045 still no good, did F7 to install BIOS 0045, went into BIOS setting, restore to default, still no good, upgraded to BIOS 0047 no good too. I am helpless already.

I still think no way that bluetooth is working fine with BIOS 0045.

MHofs1
Beginner

Well maybe your case is different then. In my case Bluetooth was working well until I upgraded to 0047.

idata
Community Manager

I also downgraded the BIOS back to 0045 via the F7 boot route.

Bluetooth is back working again, including MS Wedge keyboard, MS mouse and audio streaming.

In my case, BIOS 0047 does not work for me either.

idata
Community Manager

Can someone at Intel feedback that BIOS 0047 disables the Bluetooth functionality of the Core m3 Compute Stick.

Reinstalling the driver works for the duration of the booted session, but a reboot flushes the driver and only way to reactivate is to reinstall the driver again.

idata
Community Manager

Hello OngTH,

Please check below the configuration I have tested:

Device: Intel® Compute Stick STK2m364CC

BIOS version: 0043

Bluetooth driver version: 19.00.1621.3340

Driver Date: 12/02/2016

OS Version 1607

OS Build: 14393.693

Process:
  1. Ran Windows updates (updates were installed - device was restarted to complete updates)
  2. I updated chipset driver
  3. I updated Bluetooth driver
  4. Restarted the device
  5. Checked Bluetooth functionality (no issues)
  6. Updated BIOS to version 0047.
  7. Restarted the device to complete update.
  8. Checked Bluetooth functionality (no issues).
  9. Ran Windows updates (no updates available).
  10. Checked Bluetooth functionality (no issues).
I hope you can follow previous steps.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
TOng1
Novice

Hi Juan Carlos,

Just a quick question, did you connect to any bluetooth device like mouse and keyboard during your test ? I have experience that if no bluetooth device is connected, after reboot bluetooth seems to be no issue. If bluetooth is connected, for my case mine is Microsoft Universal Foldable Keyboard, after pair and connect with bluetooth, after reboot, bluetooth driver will have issue, need to reinstall it.

I also experience if I power off the stick and disconnect it from the power outlet, few hours later, it is able to boot up without any bluetooth issue. If connect my bluetooth to other devices, reboot, Code 10....:(

idata
Community Manager

Hello OngTH,

In this case, the Bluetooth driver was updated without any device connected to it, before updating the driver, I paired a Logitech K810 Bluetooth keyboard, it worked without any issues, after that, I unpaired the device, and followed the steps provided before.

Once the driver was up to date, I paired the Bluetooth keyboard without any issues, restarted the system and once it booted to the OS, Bluetooth keyboard was paired automatically without any issues.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
JVanB
Valued Contributor II

Just curious, in all your testing have you tried pairing with another PC and transferring files back and forth, as in ? I never got this to work and couldn't determine whether it was the Compute Stick, the desktop PC, or whether I was simply going about things the wrong way.

idata
Community Manager

Hello OngTH,

In this case, I only tested pairing Bluetooth devices as it is the main topic of this thread; nevertheless, you can keep posted to the following thread:

/thread/109355 STK2M3W64CC Bluetooth Error 10 because it was escalated to a higher level and it groups the issues you are experiencing.

Once we have additional information, it will be posted there.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
idata
Community Manager

Hello OngTH,

I apologize for the confusion.

To Repeat%20Offender: The issue you are reporting in regards to Wi-Fi Direct was posted in a different thread, the one you shared:

/thread/110627 https://communities.intel.com/thread/110627

This thread is related to Bluetooth driver and "Error Code 10"

You can post in the existing thread for the Wifi Direct in case you need further assistance.

Regards,

Juan Carlos

TOng1
Novice

Hi Juan Carlos,

Seems to be BIOS issue.

1. On and booted to OS (Windows 10 1607) with BIOS 0047, Bluetooth was not working with error code 10

2. Restarted, F7 to downgrade to BIOS 0045, Bluetooth was working.

3. Restarted, Bluetooth still working.

4. Restarted, Bluetooth still working.

5. Restarted, Bluetooth was not working with error code 10.

6. Restarted, Bluetooth still not working with error code 10.

7. Restarted, F7 to downgrade to BIOS 0044, Bluetooth still not working with error code 10 (did not reinstall Bluetooth driver)

8. Restarted, F7 to downgrade to BIOS 0043, Bluetooth still not working with error code 10 (did not reinstall Bluetooth driver)

9. Restarted, F7 to downgrade to BIOS 0036, failed to downgrade and rebooted itself to OS.

10. With BIOS 0043, I have removed the Bluetooth driver and installed the latest (Windows installed the latest version), unpaired all the devices, re-paired keyboard and mouse.

11. Restarted, Bluetooth was working.

12. Restarted, Bluetooth still working.

13. Restarted, Bluetooth still working.

14. Restarted, Bluetooth still working.

15. Restarted, Bluetooth still working.

16. Restarted, Bluetooth still working.

17. Restarted, Bluetooth still working.

idata
Community Manager

Hello OngTH,

Thank you for sharing these findings with the community, for sure it will help other peers with the same issue.

In any case, I will pass this information to a higher level as they are now investigating the issue.

You can keep posted to the thread I shared before.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
RRebe2
Novice

please Intel release a bios update to fix this, now that we know its a bios issue that's affecting the Bluetooth to startup, please fix this.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Rebecca12,

In this case, it hasn't been determined to be a BIOS issue as it appears to be a random issue since we were unable to replicate the case; nevertheless, the following thread was escalated, you can keep checking it for updates as we are currently working on it:

/thread/109355 STK2M3W64CC Bluetooth Error 10

Regards,

Juan Carlos
Ronny_G_Intel

Hello All,

Can you please latest BIOS version (0050) available here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26683/Compute-Stick-BIOS-Update-CCSKLm30-86A-?product=9198... Download BIOS Update [CCSKLm30.86A]

I have reasons to believe this addresses this issue.

Thanks,

Ronny G

View solution in original post