Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9868 Discussions

No IoT Daemon available for node v4.4.3 ia32

KSels
New Contributor II

After installing "galileo-20160606" the Intel XDK are not able to update the lib or Daemon on the Gen 2 Device. How do I fix that manual?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
KSels
New Contributor II

After the New Intel XDK 3922 was installed today and I re-installed Intel Galileo Gen 2 the system start working again normaly.

I can start making apps for Intel Galileo Gen 2 Board again

View solution in original post

14 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi KimLorentz,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel Galileo Platform.

This is very strange, the Intel XDK should be able to update the Daemon package.

Now, that said, I still went ahead and replicate your issue. Once I connected the Galileo with the XDK, I tried to update the Daemon package, but I got the same error as you. See the images below:

Due to this error, I used the Linux Console to update this library. Please see the image below:

As you can see, the "galileo-20160606" Yocto image has already installed the latest version of the xdk-daemon. Analyzing these results, you should just ignore this message, since there is no need to upgrade this package.

By the way I tested the "Onboard Led" on the Galileo Gen 2 and it runs without any errors, so this message shouldn't prevent you from using the Intel XDK functionalities.

I will be waiting for your reply, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
KSels
New Contributor II

Tryed doing what you shows on the last Picture. but the XDK does not want to link to the Galileo Gen 2. It will not work.

Where can I get the older XDK and the older Galileo image?

For now the Galileo is only an expensive paper weight.

KSels
New Contributor II

Update! Got the LED blink to work like you did. But when I tryed to get an temp sensor to work it only shows errors. The same code worked before and does work on the Intel Edison

idata
Community Manager

Hi KimLorentz,

I'm glad to know that the LED blink template is working! I found really strange that the "Local Temperature" template isn't working, so I used the Galileo with the temperature sensor and is working! Please see the image below:

Remember that this template works in conjunction with a mobile companion app also named "Local Temperature". The name of the app is "App Preview" you can download it for free in your App Store.

Hope you find this information useful, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
KSels
New Contributor II

Tryed using an MCP9808

This is my error:

MRAA Version: v1.5.1

ERROR: /home/root/.node_app_slot/server.js:19

ERROR: var temp = new mcp.MCP9808(6);

^

Error: Illegal arguments for construction of _exports_MCP9808

at Error (native)

at Object. (/home/root/.node_app_slot/server.js:19:12)

at Module._compile (module.js:409:26)

at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:416:10)

at Module.load (module.js:343:32)

at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)

at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:441:10)

at startup (node.js:139:18)

at node.js:968:3

idata
Community Manager

Hi KimLorentz,

Unfortunately, we don't have the MCP9808 temperature sensor, so we can't replicate your issue. Still, we went ahead and check the Open Sensor Library, as you can see in the image below:

Are you sure you are connecting your sensor correctly? Please be sure that you are using the I2C pins.

Also, I found this thread where a user advises you to report this bug to https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/upm/issues?page=4&q=is:issue+is:closed Issues · intel-iot-devkit/upm · GitHub . Did you report this bug?

Have a great day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
idata
Community Manager

Hi KimLorentz,

Were you able to use the MCP9808 with your Galileo? Also, please let me know if you report the bug to https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/upm/issues?q=is:open+is:issue Issues · intel-iot-devkit/upm · GitHub .

I will be waiting for your reply, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
KSels
New Contributor II

Tried it but its takes too much time and it did not work (Works fine on Edison). So the Galileo Gen 2 will not be used anymore due to its not user frendly.

Also the Intel XDK disconnect me all the time and auto update Librarys are not working.

I am going to put the Intel projects on hold until the Images start working properly for new beginners.

Going to use my time on Windows 10 IoT Core projects.

idata
Community Manager

Hi KimLorentz,

I'm sorry to hear that the Galileo Gen 2 doesn't meet your needs. Still, there are a number of temperature sensors that can be used with the Galileo that maybe will suit your project needs.

I will report this bug to the appropriate team, please let me know if any questions come up.

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
KSels
New Contributor II

Its not the Temp sensor thats the big problem. Its the Galileo Image and Intel XDK thats need to be fixed.

I hope it will happen soon sow I can start using it again.

But where can I find the older Galileo Gen2 image and older Intel XDK software?

I wil try and se it that helps.

idata
Community Manager

Hi KimLorentz,

I encourage you to report these issues with the Intel XDK community https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk Intel® XDK , also they should be able to provide an old version of the Intel XDK. In this link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24272 Download Intel® Galileo Board Software Package , you will find all previous versions of the Galileo image.

Hope you find this information useful, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
idata
Community Manager

Hi KimLorentz,

I just wanted to let you know that I reported the issue of the MCP9808 to the Github community and this was their answer:

Just in case you want to try their suggestion.

Have a great day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
KSels
New Contributor II

After the New Intel XDK 3922 was installed today and I re-installed Intel Galileo Gen 2 the system start working again normaly.

I can start making apps for Intel Galileo Gen 2 Board again

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

Hi KimLorentz,

I'm glad to know that your Galileo works normally again with the XDK. Please don't hesitate to come back if any questions come up.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.