Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

No JTAG GPIOs

Jump to solution

Hello,

We would like to start the production of our custom board with the Intel Curie module. So we don't need the JTAG anymore and I would like to ask what we have to do then with the GPIOs: in the older version of the Intel Curie datasheet I read that the pins CAN'T be left floating and require PU or PD resistors. But in the latest version of the datasheet these comments were removed.

So, if I'm not using the JTAG, what I have to do with those pins? can be left floating or they require a PU or PD resistor?.

Thank you very much in advance. Regards,

F.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello fluiss,

Thank you for interest in the Intel® Curie™ Boards.

In the latest revision of the Intel® Curie™ Module - Design Guide, November 2016 ( http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/curie/intel-curie-module-desi...), page 45, you can see the following sentence:

All inputs, tristate buses and signals that are not connected must be pulled up or down by the firmware or hardware to prevent oscillation.

So if you are not using the JTAG pins, you can't left them floating.

I hope you found the previous information useful.

Regards,

Andres

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello fluiss,

Thank you for interest in the Intel® Curie™ Boards.

In the latest revision of the Intel® Curie™ Module - Design Guide, November 2016 ( http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/curie/intel-curie-module-desi...), page 45, you can see the following sentence:

All inputs, tristate buses and signals that are not connected must be pulled up or down by the firmware or hardware to prevent oscillation.

So if you are not using the JTAG pins, you can't left them floating.

I hope you found the previous information useful.

Regards,

Andres

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you Andres.

Then it would be useful if in the datasheet the removed comments about the PU and PD resistors are back again. Even redundant, all the information is important when designing in order not to miss something.

Regards,

F.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello fluiss,

Thank you for your feedback, I'll analyze the documentation available and report any discrepancies to the corresponding team.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos