Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

No hdmi output or serial connection

After using the intel joule for the last month, suddenly I no longer have hdmi output, and when I try to connect via serial, I can not . find the device. The power led turns on and there does not seem to be any error led's on the dev board.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi kantr1ej,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel® Joule™ Platform.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your HDMI output and your serial connection. Could you be so kind to explain me what happens when you establish a serial connection? Can you see the Serial Port on your Device Manager?

We will be waiting for your reply, have a great day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
idata
Community Manager

I can't establish a serial connectionThe joule does not show up in either the device manager or does it look like there is any USB serial connection in the terminal at /dev/ I also cannot SSH into it, which leads me to believe it is getting hung up in the bios, the last time I was able to boot it up it booted into the emmc shell and I had to reboot it and change the boot order again.

idata
Community Manager

Hi kantr1ej,

This is strange. Could you be so kind to re-install your drivers and try again the serial connection. Also, if this doesn't work, could you flash again the Joule image.

Please let me know if any questions come up, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
idata
Community Manager

Hi kantr1ej,

Were you able to establish a serial connection with your Joule? Please let me know in order to assist you.

Have a nice weekend!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
idata
Community Manager

hello again, no serial connection, and I could not get it to show up in the devices when trying to reflash the bios using the dnx boot as described in your documentation.

idata
Community Manager

Hi kantr1ej,

It seems like your Joule Board might be damaged. Could be so kind to create a ticket by following this link https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US , it would be really helpful if you could attach images of your Device Manager while connecting the Joule, also it would be great if could attach your proof of purchase.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.